Thread poster: David Malenfant
David Malenfant
David Malenfant  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 01:36
English to French
Jun 6, 2017

Hi,

I am looking for an installation file for Logiterm Pro, preferably for a version older than 5.5.4.14291 ( I am not sure my license can go beyond that). I got a new hard drive and wanted to reinstall the program, but Terminotix is requesting me to pay for a yearly technical support ($130) to get the latest version of Logiterm. I do not need neither technical support nor the latest version of the program (which is very close to the one I own anyway), I just want to reinstall Logit
... See more
Hi,

I am looking for an installation file for Logiterm Pro, preferably for a version older than 5.5.4.14291 ( I am not sure my license can go beyond that). I got a new hard drive and wanted to reinstall the program, but Terminotix is requesting me to pay for a yearly technical support ($130) to get the latest version of Logiterm. I do not need neither technical support nor the latest version of the program (which is very close to the one I own anyway), I just want to reinstall Logiterm Pro on my new hard drive. I do not have the original install file anymore and I am not willing to pay 130$ to get it, I already paid for the program! Beware if you use Terminotix's products: getting the install file of your program is considered "technical support"...

Thank you,

David
Collapse

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:36
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Hardly fair Jun 6, 2017

David Malenfant wrote:
I do not have the original install file anymore and I am not willing to pay 130$ to get it, I already paid for the program!

That does sound deeply unfair to me. If it were a version from, say, 10 years ago it might be understandable. Denying access to the download of a recent version that you have paid for in full sounds unnecessarily punitive. Most companies simply make them accessible on their website but require a serial number and/or activation for use.

I responded to this post with the intention of pointing out that Terminotix recently sent me a download link to Align Factory Light when I requested it. However, when I checked my emails I found that I purchased this software less than a year ago. Given that less than 12 months have elapsed, one would hope that they would be helpful. Maybe two years from today, if I request a download link, they will refuse to provide it. That would be worrying.

I have had my own minor problems with the company, as I have found them unresponsive to questions. It has certainly made me wonder if I want to spend money on future upgrades to their products...

Regards,
Dan

David Malenfant
Thailand
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Totally agree Jun 6, 2017

I totally agree and this is exactly what I told them when they suggested it was my responsibility to keep the installation file; apparently they only keep the latest version on file (yeah right!), so I need to buy the technical support, which will allow me to get the latest version. I prefer not to support such bad business practices. As you mentioned, an activation code is necessary to use the product, so why not simply make the different versions available on their website? This is not technic... See more
I totally agree and this is exactly what I told them when they suggested it was my responsibility to keep the installation file; apparently they only keep the latest version on file (yeah right!), so I need to buy the technical support, which will allow me to get the latest version. I prefer not to support such bad business practices. As you mentioned, an activation code is necessary to use the product, so why not simply make the different versions available on their website? This is not technical support, it’s just basic consumer service (at least according to the other 99.99% companies on the web that sells digital products).Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Hi guys, Jun 7, 2017

I agree, Terminotix could definitely improve their attitude a bit.

Btw, I have the following two install files saved on my external drive (I'm a bit of a packrat when it comes to software), and could send them to you if you want!

LTPro5.5.3.15044c-Bar15017-Web5.5.3.15021_Setup.exe
LTPro5.7.1.17007-Bar16037-Web5.7.1.17007_Setup.exe

Michael

David Malenfant
Thailand
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you!! Jun 7, 2017

That's so nice of you Michael, I'm really grateful for your help! PM sent

palkramona (X)
palkramona (X)
Canada
Local time: 14:36
English to French
+ ...
same problem Sep 17, 2017

Hello Michael!

I have the same problem as David, unfortunately I can't find the file on my computer anymore after having reinstalled my operating system.

Would it be possible to send me the files too? I would be very grateful.

Thank you!
Ramona

BOLDXPRESS
BOLDXPRESS
Canada
Local time: 14:36
English to French
+ ...
Can anyone help me with Logiterm .exe file ? Issue with Terminotix Feb 2, 2018

Less than a year ago, I bought Logiterm
pro with Terminotix. However, my computer got some issues and some of my files were all corrupted including the. Exe file of Logiterm. Even though I still have my serial number that proved I have purchased the licence, Terminotix refused to send me back the.exe download file requesting me to pay me $130 + tax. I explained to them that I don’t need support nor do I need any new version of Logiterm. I have tried everything possible but they refused,
... See more
Less than a year ago, I bought Logiterm
pro with Terminotix. However, my computer got some issues and some of my files were all corrupted including the. Exe file of Logiterm. Even though I still have my serial number that proved I have purchased the licence, Terminotix refused to send me back the.exe download file requesting me to pay me $130 + tax. I explained to them that I don’t need support nor do I need any new version of Logiterm. I have tried everything possible but they refused, I find this quite frustrating. I do not understand their policy as I got all my other software file back from other developers I have contacted.
I am now wondering if some here can help me with the.exe download file. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Hi everyone, sorry, kept meaning to answer here but forgot. Feb 2, 2018

Anyway, I'll try to help everyone out privately.

Michael

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Logiterm Pro install file

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »