Pavla Dohnalova
Pavla Dohnalova  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:15
English to Czech
+ ...
Jul 17, 2017

Good afternoon,
Until last week the MedDRA terminology (Medical dictionary for regulatory activities) was available free of charge through the EUTCT system website. However, since last Monday I have not been able to access it - the link simply disappeared from the list of available resources. I have no idea if it has been removed permanently or whether it is possible to access it somewhere else (from the MedDRA website itself the access has to be paid for). If somebody has any information
... See more
Good afternoon,
Until last week the MedDRA terminology (Medical dictionary for regulatory activities) was available free of charge through the EUTCT system website. However, since last Monday I have not been able to access it - the link simply disappeared from the list of available resources. I have no idea if it has been removed permanently or whether it is possible to access it somewhere else (from the MedDRA website itself the access has to be paid for). If somebody has any information on this, I would be very grateful if you could post it here, please. Many thanks in advance.
Best wishes,
Pavla
Collapse

Titia Meesters
Titia Meesters  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:15
Member (2005)
English to Dutch
EUTCT system moved MedDRA list to RMS (Referentials Management System) Jul 18, 2017

On the EUTCT home page you find:
"EUTCT has been replaced by RMS as the central repository and provider of controlled terms. You can access RMS here".
Click "here", then click on the tab "Lists" and then on "Medical Dictionary for regulatory Authorities".

Or you can go directly to: https://spor.ema.europa.eu/rmswi/#/lists/100000000006/terms
Here,
... See more
"EUTCT has been replaced by RMS as the central repository and provider of controlled terms. You can access RMS here".
Click "here", then click on the tab "Lists" and then on "Medical Dictionary for regulatory Authorities".

Or you can go directly to: https://spor.ema.europa.eu/rmswi/#/lists/100000000006/terms
Here, you can click on a category term to find the underlying preferred terms.

I did not yet find an easy way to perform a search (did not have the time to try..) - anyone?

BTW there are many interesting lists on this RMS page, worth to have a look!
Collapse

Antoinette Verburg
Antoinette Verburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Lists > Search > Advanced Search Jul 18, 2017

You can search for a specific term by clicking on the tab Lists and then choosing Search. Then you can choose between Simple Search and Advanced Search.

Pavla Dohnalova
Pavla Dohnalova  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:15
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 18, 2017

Dear Titia and Antoinette,
Thank you both very much! Even though I had got to the SPOR page before, in one of my senior moments I obviously completely overlooked the link to MedDRA dictionary. I have now tried the Search function and it works well for me. Using the Advanced search allows one to limit the search only to the MedDRA files.
Once again many thanks.
Best wishes,
Pavla

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
MedDRA terminology not accessible any more through EUTCT system Jul 18, 2017

thanks for information but the new website is quite slow and it freezes sometimes

and what is worse is that I can't find the option to download bilingual MedDRA dictionaries as in the past
(until my MedDRA 15.0 AM400-glossary)

indeed they say:
SMS (Substance Management Services) and PMS (Product Management Services) are not currently activated
*so nothing to do here*

RMS (Referentials Management Services) provides referentials lists
... See more
thanks for information but the new website is quite slow and it freezes sometimes

and what is worse is that I can't find the option to download bilingual MedDRA dictionaries as in the past
(until my MedDRA 15.0 AM400-glossary)

indeed they say:
SMS (Substance Management Services) and PMS (Product Management Services) are not currently activated
*so nothing to do here*

RMS (Referentials Management Services) provides referentials lists and terms (such as routes of administration, dosage forms) in multiple languages.
*here I can only browse, no download*

unless an EMA account, if feasible for us, allows it
Collapse

Federica Borgini
Federica Borgini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Error message Aug 8, 2017

Titia Meesters wrote:

Here, you can click on a category term to find the underlying preferred terms.

I did not yet find an easy way to perform a search (did not have the time to try..) - anyone?

BTW there are many interesting lists on this RMS page, worth to have a look!

Hi everybody!
when I click on the link provided I get an error message:
Internal Server Error has occurred, please try again

Any ideas?
many thanks
Fede

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MedDRA terminology not accessible any more through EUTCT system

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »