How do I return to normal translation view again in MemoQ 2015 after having searched the TM?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 14:09
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 25, 2017

I entered my search term up to the left in the translation view in MemoQ, and then received the search results in the same view. But I can not find any way to exit this search results view and return to the editor view/translation view again.

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 16:09
German to Turkish
+ ...
I am not sure that I understand it, but Apr 25, 2017

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

I entered my search term up to the left in the translation view in MemoQ, and then received the search results in the same view. But I can not find any way to exit this search results view and return to the editor view/translation view again.

if the "List results" option is checked, you get the results in a separate tab. So, you just need to close the tab from the cross.

I have never used the search boxes on the upper band but when I tried now, I just go to the segment containing the relevant search term.

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 16:09
German to Turkish
+ ...
I found the solution now :) Apr 25, 2017

Since with this search you are performing some kind of filtering, you need to click on the funnel symbol with a cross. It is located on the same bar on the right, before the "Sort" command.

Elif

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 14:09
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the solution Apr 25, 2017

Thanks, that should work like you suggest. I didn't find out that myself, so I just saved and then clicked on the red cross, and then re-opened the document again. So next time I just click on the funnel symbol.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I return to normal translation view again in MemoQ 2015 after having searched the TM?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »