What percentage should I ask for a full commission base sales rep job in translation industry?
Thread poster: Ami Oh
Ami Oh
Ami Oh
Japan
Local time: 15:44
English to Japanese
+ ...
Jun 23, 2017

Hi everyone!

One of my overseas clients have asked me to work as a full commission base sales rep for their company in where I live and I want to take the offer so that I can do it for rainy days...

They are asking me to find leads and also help them close the deals. How much commission percentage do you think I should ask for considering the amount of work I'm asked to do?

I'm thinking 10-15 % of sales is reasonable. I've done some research online i0but t
... See more
Hi everyone!

One of my overseas clients have asked me to work as a full commission base sales rep for their company in where I live and I want to take the offer so that I can do it for rainy days...

They are asking me to find leads and also help them close the deals. How much commission percentage do you think I should ask for considering the amount of work I'm asked to do?

I'm thinking 10-15 % of sales is reasonable. I've done some research online i0but they all say it depends on the industry and I don't want to scare my client by presenting the percentage that is way too high. So I'm turning to you for help!

Has anyone done something like this on your spare time? Pros and Cons you care to share with me?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What percentage should I ask for a full commission base sales rep job in translation industry?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »