Computational linguistics
Thread poster: delphinetran (X)
delphinetran (X)
delphinetran (X)
France
English to French
+ ...
Jun 21, 2017

Does anyone know how to study computational linguistics and what are the companies who would employ?

Thanks for your help!

Delphine Lan sun

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:48
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
How to study? Jun 21, 2017

delphinetrans wrote:
Does anyone know how to study computational linguistics and what are the companies who would employ?

I'm not sure what you mean but if you're looking for study programmes then Googling for the subject plus university comes up with a fair few Master's programmes. As for companies, you could start with all those who are developing machine translation software.

I did some work with one of the biggest MT developers a while back, after a very successful and interesting time doing their annotations. I found the work fascinating but way over my head as I've never studied it. But I couldn't have carried on even if I'd been up to it: they were paying less than the minimum wage locally, let alone a decent rate for a freelancer who has all sorts of expenses. So I would expect you to have a great choice of interesting but low paid / unpaid internships, but you might find it just a little difficult to get any decent ROI on your studies. But maybe I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I hope so, as that was downright insulting.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Computational linguistics

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »