Powwow: Galway - Ireland

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Galway - Ireland".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Iseult Harrington
Iseult Harrington  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:23
Spanish to English
+ ...
Venue ideas Jun 13, 2017

Hi, Karl and anyone else interested in attending- I decided to organise the Powwow in Galway as I will be home in Galway, where I am from, for all of August and thought it would be interesting to bring together any translators who can make it to the West. The date is also open to change- if a weekend is better, let me know. Same goes for the time. Venue-wise, I had thought McSwiggans in Woodquay would be good, particularly mid-week. However, open to ideas on that too- I do not live in Galway any... See more
Hi, Karl and anyone else interested in attending- I decided to organise the Powwow in Galway as I will be home in Galway, where I am from, for all of August and thought it would be interesting to bring together any translators who can make it to the West. The date is also open to change- if a weekend is better, let me know. Same goes for the time. Venue-wise, I had thought McSwiggans in Woodquay would be good, particularly mid-week. However, open to ideas on that too- I do not live in Galway any more so there could be a more suitable ideas.Collapse

Karl Apsel
Karl Apsel  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 21:23
Member (2001)
English to German
+ ...
Powwow in Galway Jul 6, 2017

Hi Isa. Sorry about the late reply, I only checked this Powwow today again and didn't realize there was a posting before. A powwow in Galway is an excellent idea and I am looking forward to it. Date, time and place are good for me (I live in Galway) and I am looking forward to meet you guys - have been planning to organize a translator meeting in Galway for ages, but never got around to it ...

keelin feeney
keelin feeney  Identity Verified
Ireland
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Powwow in Galway Jul 26, 2017

Hi there,

I am definitely interested in going to this Powwow! I have just moved back from Spain to Ireland actually. The only thing is that I am living in Kildare and ideally I would go up and down to Galway on the same day...so if possible and if it suited everyone, I would prefer the weekend and in the afternoon to give me time to get to Galway and back again. What do you all think?

Iseult Harrington
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Powwow in Galway Aug 9, 2017

Hi, everyone! Just wondering what your thoughts are for the date for the PowWow? Is the 15th ok or better another day?

Regards,

Isa

Iseult Harrington
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Any day from 24th to 28th of this month? Aug 11, 2017

....if the 15th does not suit, as seems to be the case....includes a weekend, which may suit better...

Karl Apsel
Karl Apsel  Identity Verified
Ireland
Member (2001)
English to German
+ ...
Available on 15th Aug 11, 2017

I am available on the 15th. If the meeting should be moved to another date, it would be great to know ...

Iseult Harrington
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Powwow tomorrow Aug 14, 2017

Hi all, due to the fact that only Karl seems to be able to make it tomorrow, the Powwow will not go ahead tomorrow (15th), unless more people confirm their attendance in the meantime.

Maybe we would try to organise it for another date this month (a weekend and/or earlier in the day) that might better suit people?

Kind regards,

Isa.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Galway - Ireland

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »