For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
SDL MultiTerm 2017 for Translators and Project Managers

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "SDL MultiTerm 2017 for Translators and Project Managers".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Frits Sorensen
Frits Sorensen  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 15:18
Member (2017)
English to Danish
+ ...
Preparation material not correct May 22, 2017

The Workbook
After the course, trying to make the exercises myself in SDL MultiTerm 2017,
I realise that the examples/termbases in the SDL MultiTerm 2017 Workbook do not correspond to the examples/termbases in the programme SDL MultiTerm 2017.

I notice that the Workbook indicates on its first page:
SDL MULTITERM 2015
SDL plc Confidential. Copyright 2015 SDL plc.

I also discover that the documents “glossary.xlsx” and “PhotoPrinter.doc” mentioned
... See more
The Workbook
I realise that the examples/termbases in the SDL MultiTerm 2017 Workbook do not correspond to the examples/termbases in the programme SDL MultiTerm 2017.

SDL MULTITERM 2015

I also discover that the documents “glossary.xlsx” and “PhotoPrinter.doc” mentioned in the Workbook are not present in the Sample files folder,
and that the content of the other termbase files are different from the ones described in the Workbook.

Therefore, the following exercises cannot be carried out:
- Workbook Chapter 6.
- Workbook Chapter 12.

Simply because they do not correspond to the reality of the exercise in the Workbook.

Of course, this also means that it becomes harder to pass the exam.
Yesterday I managed to pass the exam for the SDL MultiTerm 2015 for Translators and Project Managers, only in my third attempt.

I am also registered for the SDL MultiTerm 2017 for Translators and Project Managers exam.

It would therefore be a great help, not only for me, but also for anyone else registered for this exam
to be equipped with the correct material in order to prepare well for the exam.

I hereby ask you to look into this matter and inform me,
when the correct training material corresponding to the SDL MultiTerm 2017 for Translators and Project Managers exam
has arrived to my account.

Kind regards
Frits Sorensen
Collapse

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Preparation material not correct Jun 8, 2017

TraDudaD1dadej wrote:

The Workbook

SDL MULTITERM 2015

I also discover that the documents “glossary.xlsx” and “PhotoPrinter.doc” mentioned in the Workbook are not present in the Sample files folder,
and that the content of the other termbase files are different from the ones described in the Workbook.

Therefore, the following exercises cannot be carried out:
- Workbook Chapter 6.
- Workbook Chapter 12.

Simply because they do not correspond to the reality of the exercise in the Workbook.

Of course, this also means that it becomes harder to pass the exam.
Yesterday I managed to pass the exam for the SDL MultiTerm 2015 for Translators and Project Managers, only in my third attempt.

I am also registered for the SDL MultiTerm 2017 for Translators and Project Managers exam.

It would therefore be a great help, not only for me, but also for anyone else registered for this exam
to be equipped with the correct material in order to prepare well for the exam.

I hereby ask you to look into this matter and inform me,
when the correct training material corresponding to the SDL MultiTerm 2017 for Translators and Project Managers exam
has arrived to my account.

Kind regards
Frits Sorensen

Dear Frits,

Thank you for your interest in training at the website and reporting the issue.

Along with my colleagues from sdl.com we have checked the handouts and confirm that they are valid. Let me also confirm that the Glossary and Photoprinter sample files are available and can be located in the Studio2017 SampleFiles MultiTerm folder. If you still cannot locate them, please feel free to submit a support request: http://www.proz.com/support/ .

Hope this helps.

My bests,
Helen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL MultiTerm 2017 for Translators and Project Managers

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »