Help needed!! Work with TagEditor, Clean-up not possible because "Error while writing paragraphs"
Thread poster: Andrea Hauer
Andrea Hauer
Andrea Hauer  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:46
English to German
+ ...
May 27, 2008

Dear all,

I have translated a Word document within TagEditor. Now, finished, I want to clean-up the whole, but I am not allowed to («Error while writing paragraphs»). I cannot save the target file neither.
Could anyone help me? This is very urgent because I have to deliver the whole today(

Thanks in advance for any help
Andrea

NB: I am working with Version 7.0 Freelance

... See more
Dear all,

I have translated a Word document within TagEditor. Now, finished, I want to clean-up the whole, but I am not allowed to («Error while writing paragraphs»). I cannot save the target file neither.
Could anyone help me? This is very urgent because I have to deliver the whole today(

Thanks in advance for any help
Andrea

[Edited at 2008-05-27 13:46]
Collapse

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Tag verification? May 27, 2008

Did you run the Tag Verifier and/or are you sure all the tags are correctly appearing in your target segments?

Also, what's the file format you're working with?

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Bug in the Word filter... May 27, 2008

Andrea Hauer wrote:

[Edited at 2008-05-27 13:29]

http://talisma.sdl.com
Article 1468

It may help.

Cheers
GG

Andrea Hauer
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Article 1468 doesn't work in this case. I tried and my problem resists ... May 27, 2008

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

Andrea Hauer wrote:

[Edited at 2008-05-27 13:29]

http://talisma.sdl.com
Article 1468

It may help.

Cheers
GG

Andrea Hauer
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Dear Marie-Claude May 27, 2008

how does the Tag Verifier work?

avsie (X)
English to French
+ ...
Verifier May 27, 2008

Go to 'Tools > Plug-ins' and select Verifiers. Then select the SDL TRADOS Generic Tag Verifier.

To run the verifier, click on the little icon next to the spell-check icon. It has a small sheet of document with a check mark underneath.

You will then get an overview of the possible problems with the tags in your file, including added, missing or moved tags.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Article in Talisma does not describe ALL possible traps May 27, 2008

To use Tag Verifier go to Tools - Plug Ins, then select the "Generic Tag Verifier" and click ok.
Now press F8 and wait for the document being verified. In the error report double click the line with error description and the program will take you there, where the error occurs.

You can also send me the original file and the ttx to info at doku minus trans dot de.
Most probably I'll be able to get rid of your error.

BR
Jerzy

Andrea Hauer
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a million, Jerzy! May 27, 2008

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

To use Tag Verifier go to Tools - Plug Ins, then select the "Generic Tag Verifier" and click ok.
Now press F8 and wait for the document being verified. In the error report double click the line with error description and the program will take you there, where the error occurs.

You can also send me the original file and the ttx to info at doku minus trans dot de.
Most probably I'll be able to get rid of your error.

BR
Jerzy

I just sent you the files, thanks a million for your highly appreciated help!!!

Andrea Hauer
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Jerzy May 27, 2008

Hallo Jerzy,

... hast du meine Mail eigentlich bekommen?

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The error is most certainly in the Word converter May 27, 2008

No tag errors in the file, but nevertheles "Error while converting to Word document". This shows mismatching some fields or bookmark.
As I'm using SDL Trados 2007 SP2 I just recreated the ttx file, took the translated ttx as basis for ContextTM process and than translated the rest using "Translate to fuzzy" command. Togehter some 30 minutes work.
And a very important conclusion for me: the Word filter has been (indeed) highly modified since, this is not the first time I notice that.<
... See more
No tag errors in the file, but nevertheles "Error while converting to Word document". This shows mismatching some fields or bookmark.
As I'm using SDL Trados 2007 SP2 I just recreated the ttx file, took the translated ttx as basis for ContextTM process and than translated the rest using "Translate to fuzzy" command. Togehter some 30 minutes work.
And a very important conclusion for me: the Word filter has been (indeed) highly modified since, this is not the first time I notice that.

File sent.

BR
Jerzy
Collapse

avsie (X)
English to French
+ ...
Question May 27, 2008

Andrea mentions she was working with Trados 7.0. Wasn't translation of Word documents in TagEditor only possible starting at version 7.1?!

Willeke Kafoe
Willeke Kafoe  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
The same problem Jan 15, 2009

I have the same problem... I also use Freelance 2007 Suite with FP2 and I cannot save the file. I also get the same message. I don't know how to recreate the ttx file and I have a deadline, who can help?

Tobi
Tobi
English to German
+ ...
Solution with Office 2007 Mar 2, 2009

Just have a look at this thread:

http://www.proz.com/topic/41217?pg=e

Best regards,

Tobi

Vadim Kadyrov
Vadim Kadyrov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 10:46
English to Russian
+ ...
possible solution Apr 21, 2011

This article ( http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&t=&r=0.882618606090546 ) was very helpful. I had the same error. Having made the changes described, I manager to get the target file I needed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help needed!! Work with TagEditor, Clean-up not possible because "Error while writing paragraphs"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »