evawin
evawin  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 07:34
Member (2010)
English to Danish
+ ...
Jan 11, 2017

I've just upgraded from 2011 to 2017 and I cannot simply find the window/function find and replace! I cannot find any Edit tab either.

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 23:34
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Shortcut - Ctrl+F and Home Tab Jan 11, 2017

You can use the shortcut - Ctrl+F

If you want to use the ribbon, you will find it under the Home tab, on the far right, with a little binoculars icon.

evawin
evawin  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 11, 2017

Thanks Nora, I needed my glasses to find it

Nora Diaz
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It can be small : ) Jan 11, 2017

: )

I can relate! It's not as prominent as some of the other icons, and in fact it looks tiny and cramped on the right of the small 12-inch screen I'm on right now. But I'm so used to Ctrl+F and Ctrl+H, I could do without the Find and Replace ribbon icons completely.

Brigith Guimarães
Brigith Guimarães  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:34
Member (2003)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Find + Replace in 2017 Feb 3, 2017

Indeed, quite hidden! Thank you for your help

Iseult Harrington
Iseult Harrington  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks you! Feb 3, 2017

Could not this anywhere after upgrading, thanks you very much for pointing out how to find it!

marek tesina
marek tesina  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Troubles with Find+Replace function Jun 20, 2017

I don't want to make another thread since this one is closely related to my question. I've had no problem with the Find+Replace function, but starting yesterday I am not able to use it. I can see the field is open on the bottom of my screen where all of the icons of the open programs are, but I don't see it anywhere on the screen. It might be transparent/invisible, I have no idea. Does anyone have a solution to my problem? I can't work without it.
Thank you very much,
Marek

Nora Diaz
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Multiple monitors? Jun 20, 2017

Hi Marek,

The only time this has happened to me is when I've had a second monitor attached to my laptop computer, open the Find/Replace dialog on the second monitor and then disconnect the second monitor while Studio is still open. When that happens, the Find/Replace dialog shows as open but not visible on my computer screen. Could that be the case for you? If so, the solution is using the keyboard to move the Find/Replace dialog onto the main monitor, as explained in Fix 2 - "Move
... See more
Hi Marek,

The only time this has happened to me is when I've had a second monitor attached to my laptop computer, open the Find/Replace dialog on the second monitor and then disconnect the second monitor while Studio is still open. When that happens, the Find/Replace dialog shows as open but not visible on my computer screen. Could that be the case for you? If so, the solution is using the keyboard to move the Find/Replace dialog onto the main monitor, as explained in Fix 2 - "Move Option" in this link: https://www.technipages.com/bring-off-screen-window-back-onto-screen.

Best,

Nora Díaz
Collapse

Ben Senior
Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Duplicate posts Jun 20, 2017

marek tesina wrote:

I don't want to make another thread since this one is closely related to my question. I've had no problem with the Find+Replace function, but starting yesterday I am not able to use it. I can see the field is open on the bottom of my screen where all of the icons of the open programs are, but I don't see it anywhere on the screen. It might be transparent/invisible, I have no idea. Does anyone have a solution to my problem? I can't work without it.
Thank you very much,
Marek

Hi Marek,

You have already posted this question in another thread today. It would help everyone if you didn't post the same question in multiple threads.

Did any of the suggestions in the other thread solve your problem?

Regards,

Ben

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:34
English to Russian
Win+arrow Jun 20, 2017

Try this:
1. Focus on the window in question (Use Alt+Tab to locate it).
2. Press and hold the "Windows" button (the one between Ctrl and Alt) and press left or right arrow button for 2 or 3 times until you see the window on your screen again.

[Edited at 2017-06-20 20:42 GMT]

Nora Diaz
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Win + arrow in Windows 10 Jun 20, 2017

Stepan Konev wrote:

I replied to such questions (I-know-it's-open-but-I-cannot-see-it) for a number of times, but never received any feedback on whether it worked or not. Let's try it (n+1)th time again:
1. Focus on the window in question (Use Alt+Tab to locate it).
2. Press and hold the "Windows" button (the one between left Ctrl and Alt) and press left or right arrow button for 2 or 3 times until you see the window on your screen again.

In Windows 10, Win + arrow will maximize the window to the left or right of the screen where it's located, so if it's a matter of the window being off screen, I don't think it will bring it back to the main monitor.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:34
English to Russian
Thanks Jun 20, 2017

Nora Diaz wrote:
In Windows 10, Win + arrow will maximize the window to the left or right of the screen where it's located, so if it's a matter of the window being off screen, I don't think it will bring it back to the main monitor.

Thank you for the tip. I did not know that.
Well... Then maybe there is any other combination in Win10 for the same action (move windows).

Nora Diaz
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
2 steps for Win 10 Jun 20, 2017

Stepan Konev wrote:

Well... Then maybe there is any other combination in Win10 for the same action (move windows).

Yes, in Windows 10 the steps would be:

1. Hold down the “Shift” key while right-clicking the item in the taskbar, then select “Move“, or type "M".
2. Use the arrow keys to move the window back onto the desired screen.

Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Find/Replace function in Home greyed Oct 5, 2017

Hello,
I'm quite new to Studio 2017.
I'm trying to use the find/replace function but it is greyed and I cannot even do it using the keys CTRL+F.

Maybe this is due to the fact that, although all segments in the file are translated, the statistics state all segments are still untranslated?

I use it on Parallel / Mac.

Thanks for letting me know

Lucia

Marguerite Storm
Marguerite Storm  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:34
Member (2003)
English to French
+ ...
I have that problem too. Oct 5, 2017

Usually, find and replace are visible at the top right of my ribbon. However, every once in a while, in the middle of work, it disappears.
I have read and tried everything posted in this thread. Nothing worked. The only thing that works for me is to close and reopen Studio 17. It drives me crazy.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Find and replace in Trados 2017

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »