Okay..... there are tag and number errors... but in which segments?
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:39
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jun 19, 2017

G'day everyone

After running a verification on a file in Trados 2015, Trados tells me that there are some errors. But, no mention of segment numbers. So, how am I supposed to know which segments were errors occur in?

no segment numbers

Thanks (I think)

Samuel

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:39
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Double click on the error! Jun 19, 2017

It will take you to the translation segment with the error!

Regards

Clarisa

Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 15:39
English to Italian
+ ...
You may need Xbench Jun 20, 2017

Hi Samuel,

In my experience Studio is not very good at handling numbers in QA checks. What I do is use the free version of Apsic Xbench (I think it is 2.9 or 3). And check numbers in there. Normally Studios scores as errors huge amounts of numbers. 99% are false positives. Others are hard to spot or non existent issues. Occasionally it does find an issue.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:39
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution Jun 20, 2017

Clarisa Moraña wrote:
Double click on the error!
It will take you to the translation segment with the error!

Double-clicking the error simply opens another dialog (with no useful information in it), but doesn't tell me the segment number, nor does it take me to the segment.

I solved the problem by opening the SDLXLIFF file itself, and pressing F8.

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 09:39
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Single click Jun 20, 2017

You need to do a single click on each segment so that the corresponding segment is highlighted in the editor.

The problem is when it tells you that segment 150 has been translated differently from segment 100: it doesn't tell you which document each segment number refers to, so, if you have opened multiple files in the same editor, you need to check segment number 100 in all files, one by one, till you locate the right one. Usability score: 0.

[Edited at 2017-06-20 09:20 GMT]

Arjan van den Berg
Arjan van den Berg  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:39
Member (2010)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Double click and edit the text in the window that opens Jun 21, 2017

Hi Samuel,

Double click and edit the text in the window that opens. The segment itself will be changed automatically and the status will be set back to Draft. After working through the whole list you can filter on segments with the status 'Draft' to check your edits and commit the segment.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Okay..... there are tag and number errors... but in which segments?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »