Hayley Leva
Hayley Leva
France
Local time: 03:02
French to English
+ ...
Jun 23, 2017

Hello

I am working on a Microsoft Word document (.doc, but see note below) in Studio 2017 and these error message are appearing almost every time I put the cursor in a new segment:

SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width - Panel2MinSize
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
I can close the messages and continue translating, but this is obviously a waste of time, and more importantly, I am concerned that I am going to have prob
... See more
Hello

I am working on a Microsoft Word document (.doc, but see note below) in Studio 2017 and these error message are appearing almost every time I put the cursor in a new segment:

SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width - Panel2MinSize
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
I can close the messages and continue translating, but this is obviously a waste of time, and more importantly, I am concerned that I am going to have problems exporting the file once the translation is complete.

Note: the source file was originally a .doc file, but I couldn't import it because I was getting an error message about the document still containing tracked changes that needed to be accepted. The only way I found to be able to import the file, was to re-save the file as a .docx, accept changes, and re-save it as .doc.

Does anyone have any advice on these errors?

Regards

Hayley
Collapse

Stanislav Okhvat
Stanislav Okhvat
Local time: 06:02
English to Russian
Re: Error: SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width - Panel2MinSize Jun 28, 2017

Hello Hayley,

It looks as if the splitter bar between two windows has been moved too much and is causing errors in Studio. Try to reset the panel layout in Studio. For example, the procedure for doing this is described here.
... See more
Hello Hayley,

It looks as if the splitter bar between two windows has been moved too much and is causing errors in Studio. Try to reset the panel layout in Studio. For example, the procedure for doing this is described here.

Best regards,
Stanislav Okhvat
TransTools – Useful tools for every translator
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error: SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width - Panel2MinSize

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »