Thread poster: Jean-Christophe Duc
Jean-Christophe Duc
Jean-Christophe Duc  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:29
English to French
+ ...
Aug 2, 2017

Until recently I had a simple setup, en-UK as the source language, fr fr as the target, a single TM in All language pairs (with the Update box checked!).
Now this TM is no longer updated automatically and a project TM has appeared from nowhere in the English UK -> French France section.
(The main TM is UK -> FR as the rest of the project, however if it is alone in the main section of the configuration screen it does not update. I have to add it into the UK - FR section, but then a pr
... See more
Until recently I had a simple setup, en-UK as the source language, fr fr as the target, a single TM in All language pairs (with the Update box checked!).
Now this TM is no longer updated automatically and a project TM has appeared from nowhere in the English UK -> French France section.
(The main TM is UK -> FR as the rest of the project, however if it is alone in the main section of the configuration screen it does not update. I have to add it into the UK - FR section, but then a project TM is created.)

Why is this and how can I return to my simpler setup?

[Edited at 2017-08-02 06:43 GMT]
Collapse

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:29
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Deactivate project tm Aug 2, 2017

You may accidentally have ticked "prepare with project tm" when creating your project (instead of "prepare without project tm). It happened to me recently too, or at least that's what I think. If you deactivate the project tm, the regular/main tm can be activated again.

Jean-Christophe Duc
Jean-Christophe Duc  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:29
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 3, 2017

...this does the project TM stuff (_FR).
However, why does a TM selected in All languages pairs get ignored (although it has the right language pair for the project), and why do I have to specify it in UK -> FR to have it used/updated?

[Edited at 2017-08-03 05:50 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 - Main TM no longer updated and unecessary project TM is created

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »