Professional subtitling softwares used in USA, France, Spain and Russia
Thread poster: Hana27
Hana27
Hana27
Morocco
Apr 25, 2017

Dear all,

Actually, I'm doing a research thesis on audiovisual translation, and I would like to know the professional softwares most used in professional institutions in USA, France, Spain and Russia.

For example, in Belgium the most used software is Swift, it is used in the RTBF, the official national channel, and more other institutions are using it, it is also the most used in teaching at Belgian universities. In Netherlands both Swift and Spot are commonly
... See more
Dear all,

Actually, I'm doing a research thesis on audiovisual translation, and I would like to know the professional softwares most used in professional institutions in USA, France, Spain and Russia.

For example, in Belgium the most used software is Swift, it is used in the RTBF, the official national channel, and more other institutions are using it, it is also the most used in teaching at Belgian universities. In Netherlands both Swift and Spot are commonly used.

I hope I can get answers from members who may have an idea about this.

Regards.
Collapse

Max Deryagin
Max Deryagin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:43
Member (2013)
English to Russian
- Apr 25, 2017

Hana27 wrote:

Dear all,

For example, in Belgium the most used software is Swift, it is used in the RTBF, the official national channel, and more other institutions are using it, it is also the most used in teaching at Belgian universities. In Netherlands both Swift and Spot are commonly used.

I hope I can get answers from members who may have an idea about this.

Regards.

Hi Hana,

From what I know, we use FAB for TV SDH in Russia. Other than that, I think it's mostly free software, since Russia is a dubbing/voiceover country.

Hana27
Hana27
Morocco
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 25, 2017

Dear Max

Thank you that will be helpful to my research.

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Professional subtitling softwares used in USA, France, Spain and Russia

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »