Thread poster: Susanne O'Connell
Susanne O'Connell
Susanne O'Connell
Austria
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Jun 19, 2017

I recently bought a new laptop (because my old one broke) and I have installed Wordfast Pro 3 an relicensed it. The licensing seems to have gone OK but I'm still not able to use Wordfast because I can't confirm segments. I can type in a translation but it is impossible to save it to a TM or use a TM/glossary for that matter. I have Wordfast installed on one other machine and my broken laptop (which I don't have access to anymore) so I assume that me trying to use it on a third computer is the is... See more
I recently bought a new laptop (because my old one broke) and I have installed Wordfast Pro 3 an relicensed it. The licensing seems to have gone OK but I'm still not able to use Wordfast because I can't confirm segments. I can type in a translation but it is impossible to save it to a TM or use a TM/glossary for that matter. I have Wordfast installed on one other machine and my broken laptop (which I don't have access to anymore) so I assume that me trying to use it on a third computer is the issue.

Does anybody have any experience with this and do I need to apply for relicensing and if so how? The Hotline doesn't seem to respond to any queries.

Many thanks!
Collapse

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 04:27
Confirm vs Commit Jun 20, 2017

Hi Susanne,

Confirm/Unconfirm in Wordfast does not write translation to TM, it merely marks the segment don't add it to TM
Use Commit/Commit All to add translation to TM or use Next Segment while going segment by segment. Before committing if you have unconfirmed segments (see asterisk on Outline) then do Confirm all from Translation Memory menu. Once this is done your segment should commit to TM using Commit or Next Segment actions.

Let us know if this helped or
... See more
Hi Susanne,

Confirm/Unconfirm in Wordfast does not write translation to TM, it merely marks the segment don't add it to TM
Use Commit/Commit All to add translation to TM or use Next Segment while going segment by segment. Before committing if you have unconfirmed segments (see asterisk on Outline) then do Confirm all from Translation Memory menu. Once this is done your segment should commit to TM using Commit or Next Segment actions.

Let us know if this helped or you can email me at [email protected]

Thank you,

John

Dr. Susanne O'Connell wrote:

I recently bought a new laptop (because my old one broke) and I have installed Wordfast Pro 3 an relicensed it. The licensing seems to have gone OK but I'm still not able to use Wordfast because I can't confirm segments. I can type in a translation but it is impossible to save it to a TM or use a TM/glossary for that matter. I have Wordfast installed on one other machine and my broken laptop (which I don't have access to anymore) so I assume that me trying to use it on a third computer is the issue.

Does anybody have any experience with this and do I need to apply for relicensing and if so how? The Hotline doesn't seem to respond to any queries.

Many thanks!
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:27
Member (2006)
French to English
Changing this in forthcoming release Jun 21, 2017

Following a discussion with developers the other day, I think we are going to change this and make it more like WFC and call it "Mark as Provisional". In other words, you use this feature if you are not sure about the translation and want to come back to it later or do not want it to be added to your translation memory.

Later, after an initial translation, you can use the filter bar to filter out all provisional segments so you can fix them and unmark them as provisional.

... See more
Following a discussion with developers the other day, I think we are going to change this and make it more like WFC and call it "Mark as Provisional". In other words, you use this feature if you are not sure about the translation and want to come back to it later or do not want it to be added to your translation memory.

Later, after an initial translation, you can use the filter bar to filter out all provisional segments so you can fix them and unmark them as provisional.

One thing I think would be nice would be an additional special filter that shows only provisional segments PLUS the segment immediately before and after. This gives you context for revising those provisional segments. What do you think?

Kind regards,
John
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems using Wordfast Pro 3 on new laptop

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »