Using the iPad as an additional screen with Duet Display
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Mar 30, 2020

Working in my home office, I've currently connected my iPad as a third screen to my MacBook Pro. My Thunderbolt display being the second screen.

You'll need to install Duet both on your Mac and on your iPad: https://www.duetdisplay.com

It uses a USB cable to connect and also works on older Macs and iPads (in contrast to Apple's own solution to connect the iPad to your Mac).

Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 12.51.18

[Edited at 2020-03-30 11:03 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:29
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Surely... Mar 30, 2020

Hans Lenting wrote:
Working in my home office, I've currently connected my iPad as a third screen to my MacBook Pro.

Surely you can watch movies on your iPad without having it connected to your computer.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Not sure ... Mar 30, 2020

Samuel Murray wrote:

Hans Lenting wrote:
Working in my home office, I've currently connected my iPad as a third screen to my MacBook Pro.

Surely you can watch movies on your iPad without having it connected to your computer.

Yes, but what do you mean? I've currently placed some of CafeTran Espresso's dialogue boxes on the iPad.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:29
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Spacedesk for Windows Mar 30, 2020

Hans Lenting wrote:
I've currently connected my iPad as a third screen to my MacBook Pro.

Nice. I confirm that Spacedesk works for Windows + Android. Apparently you can also connect an Apple device to your Windows in this way, but I don't have an iPad to test that. In my test, I connected my phone to my computer, and I was able to the phone's touch screen to interact with elements on the screen (e.g. open the Start menu and run another program). The connection is via LAN, though (not USB).

https://spacedesk.net

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using the iPad as an additional screen with Duet Display

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »