Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Which CAT tool can load two Excel columns into the grid?
Thread poster: 2nl (X)
Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:02
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
@Erik: Nov 28, 2014

Erik Freitag wrote:

Dan Lucas wrote:

I rather think that Hans is looking for another opportunity to promote his favourite CAT tool, as this seems to be what the majority of his posts are about...

Erik, I suspect this to be true, but I usually find his (justifiable) pride and enthusiasm refreshing.

I also think it's important that we have Davids to battle the Goliaths of our industry and CafeTran seems to fulfil that role admirably. A kind of public service, if you will.

Dan

I don't mind this very much (although to me this behaviour seems more like covered advertising than like genuine user enthusiasm).

The problem is of course that if proz tolerates this kind of behaviour, which at some point can be seen as an attempt to circumvent the prohibition of advertising in the fora, it will be difficult to prevent other (and even major) suppliers to do the same.

As I count myself among the small group of enthusiastic CafeTran users you are referring to, I find your post a little offensive. Like Hans, I often post exuberant and perhaps somewhat fanatical things here on Proz, as well as on Twitter and in the various mailing lists I am subscribed to. Again, like Hans, I also spend a fair amount of time helping people in the CafeTran Google Group. I am also involved in writing/editing/maintaining the user-created "user manual" @ http://cafetranhelp.com/ (although to a much lesser extent than Hans, who has written the bulk of the material)

However, I think it should be stressed that I have absolutely no financial connection with CafeTran, or its developer Igor. I am just another happy user. That is, I have nothing to gain, financially, from CafeTran's success. I would just like to see it succeed because I love the program and just want to tell people about it.

In short: I am just a genuinely enthusiastic user. Yes, such things do exist.

Michael

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 23:02
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Disgusted Nov 28, 2014

Michael Beijer wrote:
Like Hans

To make things clear - if they aren't already - the Hans referred by Michael, is another Hans.

I also try to promote CafeTran whenever possible and appropriate, but I am disgusted by this transparent "covered" (as Erik calls it) advertising.

Hans

[Edited at 2014-11-28 23:26 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which CAT tool can load two Excel columns into the grid?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »