Support for Retina screen on iMac
Thread poster: 2nl (X)
2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:12
Mar 17, 2015

I'm happy to report that CafeTran looks really good on an iMac 27" with Retina screen. I've never seen such sharp letters. I can even put my glasses aside (seriously!). Very happy!

Hans

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:12
TOPIC STARTER
It really looks nice Mar 21, 2015

Yesterday I was able to finalise the migration of my primary CafeTran installation to my new iMac Retina. (Obviously there was a permission issue in the app, most likely resulting from restoring CafeTran from an external disk.) All works fine now. (CafeTran was already working fine with Java 8 on my secondary system, a MacBook Pro.)

I have learned that when migrating to new hardware (iMac > iMac Retina) and to new software (Java 6 > Java 8) at the same time, it's better to not resto
... See more
Yesterday I was able to finalise the migration of my primary CafeTran installation to my new iMac Retina. (Obviously there was a permission issue in the app, most likely resulting from restoring CafeTran from an external disk.) All works fine now. (CafeTran was already working fine with Java 8 on my secondary system, a MacBook Pro.)

I have learned that when migrating to new hardware (iMac > iMac Retina) and to new software (Java 6 > Java 8) at the same time, it's better to not restore any files from TimeMachine or an external hard disk. At least for me, it is .

So, yesterday I received a new CafeTran.app file from CafeTran Support. After making copies of my user-specific files inside the old app (custom dictionary, segmentation rules, resource definitions etc.), I deleted the old app via CleanMyMac2 and I installed the new package, et voila, everything worked as advertised. As it turned out, I had to reset the preferences in Edit > Options.

One very nice new feature is that the Statistics pane has been moved to the tabbed pane and it is floatable now. It will no longer cover the grid, so I can leave it open (and quickly update it, during the translation process). I can place it on my secondary screen (a Thunderbolt display), next to some floating glossaries, the built-in web browser for some web resources (à la IntelliWebSearch) etc.

All text is extremely sharp, all icons and other display elements are sized correctly in CafeTran.

I will add some screenshots (which will be rather big, because of the huge amount of pixels) to the wiki, once I have a little time to spare:

http://cafetran.wikidot.com/the-user-interface
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Support for Retina screen on iMac

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »