Thread poster: 7207950892 (X)
7207950892 (X)
7207950892 (X)
France
Local time: 19:39
English to French
May 8, 2015

Hi,

I have translated an sdlxliff with CafeTran and would like to export it (it's originally a docx). Is it possible to do that with CafeTran, because nothing happens when I hit the "Export current document" button.

Thank you in advance,

Morgane.

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
You cannot export an sdlxliff to docx May 8, 2015

You cannot export an sdlxliff to docx in CafeTran. You'll have to use Studio for that.

7207950892 (X)
7207950892 (X)
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 8, 2015

Thanks, I just wanted to check if I had missed something!

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 01:39
English to Indonesian
+ ...
However... May 9, 2015

If the client sent you the original document, you can create a new project with that document, using your TM for the SDLXLIFF file and Jump over Exact Memory Segments enabled (Menu, Translation | Jump over | Exact Memory Segments). This shouldn't take more than a minute or so.

If you don't have the original document, you can't recreate it, but you can export the translation without the .docx format (e.g. to check it in another environment, not a bad thing to do): Menu, Project | Con
... See more
If the client sent you the original document, you can create a new project with that document, using your TM for the SDLXLIFF file and Jump over Exact Memory Segments enabled (Menu, Translation | Jump over | Exact Memory Segments). This shouldn't take more than a minute or so.

If you don't have the original document, you can't recreate it, but you can export the translation without the .docx format (e.g. to check it in another environment, not a bad thing to do): Menu, Project | Convert Project | To HTML File... Open on Word or another word processor, delete the source language column, and start reviewing.

Cheers,

Hans
Collapse

7207950892 (X)
7207950892 (X)
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! May 10, 2015

Thank you Hans for these great tips

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export document from sdlxliff

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »