Advice for novice users of CafeTran
Thread poster: 2nl (X)
2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:51
Jun 27, 2015

I'd really like to advise all novice users of CafeTran to sit down and think a couple of minutes about where you will be storing your CafeTran projects and resources (your own glossaries, Translation Memories etc.). I would advise you to create a CafeTran subfolder in one of the following folders on your computer:

• your Dropbox folder

• your OneDrive folder

• your Documents folder

It would be very nice if CafeTran's own resources (RES... See more
  • I'd really like to advise all novice users of CafeTran to sit down and think a couple of minutes about where you will be storing your CafeTran projects and resources (your own glossaries, Translation Memories etc.). I would advise you to create a CafeTran subfolder in one of the following folders on your computer:

• your Dropbox folder

• your OneDrive folder

• your Documents folder

It would be very nice if CafeTran's own resources (RES files, Hunspell's User's Dictionaries etc.) could be placed in these folders too. This would make the re-installation of the CafeTran package and cooperating with colleagues (who can share these resources) a lot easier. ▲ Collapse

•  
    Meta Arkadia
    Meta Arkadia
    Local time: 06:51
    English to Indonesian
    + ...
    If you're on a Mac Jun 27, 2015

use Time Machine. If you don't use a Mac, you're on your own.

Hans

2nl (X)
    2nl (X)  Identity Verified
    Netherlands
    Local time: 01:51
    TOPIC STARTER
    You are missing my point here. Jun 27, 2015

Meta Arkadia wrote:

use Time Machine. If you don't use a Mac, you're on your own.

Hans

You are missing my point here. I wasn't referring to any backup scenario. Please don't turn this into a Mac vs. Windows discussion.

Meta Arkadia
    Meta Arkadia
    Local time: 06:51
    English to Indonesian
    + ...
    If you want to restore Jun 27, 2015

2nl wrote:
    ...CafeTran's own resources (RES files, Hunspell's User's Dictionaries etc.)

and you're on a Mac, just use Time Machine, because
    2nl wrote:
    This would make the re-installation of the CafeTran package ... a lot easier.

You may want to store your own resources you want to share in the cloud, or you can send them by e-mail, or upload them on your FTP server. Or something.

I have no idea what you should do when you use another operating system.

H

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
    Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advice for novice users of CafeTran

CafeTran Espresso
    You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
    Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
    The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »