Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Exclusive Q&A with CafeTran Creator
Thread poster: ..... (X)
..... (X)
..... (X)
Local time: 12:47
Nov 11, 2015

TM-Town will be hosting a Q&A with Igor Kmitowski the developer of CafeTran from Nov. 19th - Nov. 21st, 2015. The event is a semi-live event where translators can ask Igor questions on CafeTran as well as comment on other questions and vote up their favorite questions. Igor will be checking and answering as much as he can over these 3 days.

For more specifics on the format, please see
... See more
TM-Town will be hosting a Q&A with Igor Kmitowski the developer of CafeTran from Nov. 19th - Nov. 21st, 2015. The event is a semi-live event where translators can ask Igor questions on CafeTran as well as comment on other questions and vote up their favorite questions. Igor will be checking and answering as much as he can over these 3 days.

For more specifics on the format, please see this blog post - Freelance Translators Can Now Develop Professionally by Directly Asking the Experts.

You can register for this event here.

Thanks!

Kevin

[Edited at 2015-11-11 09:16 GMT]
Collapse

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:47
Can I already register? Nov 11, 2015

Hello Kevin,

Great initiative!

I tried to register (preregister?) but it seems that I can only register for Michael's Q&A (Adding Speech to Text to Your Workflow), is that right?

Could you perhaps provide a direct URL?

Cheers,

Hans

..... (X)
..... (X)
TOPIC STARTER
Wrong link Nov 11, 2015

Hi Hans,

Sorry, I had the wrong link included. I edited my first post.

Here is the correct link: https://www.tm-town.com/expert-topics/4.

Kevin

2nl (X)
Netherlands
Thank you! Nov 11, 2015

Thank you, Kevin!

I'm really looking forward to ask Mr. Kmitowski some questions about CafeTran.

Hans

Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
Bookmarked Nov 11, 2015

Wow, interesting, thanks for the info!

2nl (X)
Netherlands
@Michael Nov 12, 2015

Hello Michael,

Will you demonstrate speech recognition on OS X too?

Cheers,

Hans

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:47
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I'm afraid not. Nov 12, 2015

2nl wrote:

Hello Michael,

Will you demonstrate speech recognition on OS X too?

Cheers,

Hans

I mean, if someone asks about it, I will try to answer, but so far I don't know a single person who actually uses either the OS X Dictation app or Dragon Dictate for Mac in their translation work. Apart from Tom, that is, but I somehow suspect he isn't using it for any kind of complicated commands.

So if anyone reading this is using Mac dictation software in their translation work: please speak up!

Michael

PS: here is the link to my TM-Town Expert Q&A event ‘Adding Speech to Text to Your Workflow’:

https://www.tm-town.com/expert-topics/5/subscribe/3

[Edited at 2015-11-12 08:54 GMT]

2nl (X)
Netherlands
Perhaps ask in the Mac or Speech recognition forum? Nov 12, 2015

Michael Beijer wrote:

So if anyone reading this is using Mac dictation software in their translation work: please speak up!

Perhaps you can ask in the Mac or Speech recognition forum? (If you not already did so ...)

2nl (X)
Netherlands
Join This Event When It's Live Nov 19, 2015

Kevin Dias wrote:

TM-Town will be hosting a Q&A with Igor Kmitowski the developer of CafeTran from Nov. 19th - Nov. 21st, 2015.

Hello Kevin,

When will we be able to start asking questions?

Thanks in advance!

Hans

..... (X)
..... (X)
TOPIC STARTER
It is live now Nov 19, 2015

Hi Hans,

The event is now live and you can start asking questions.

There are 3 events starting today:
How and Why You Should Mentor
Adding Speech to Text to Your Workflow

Please ask some questions an
... See more
Hi Hans,

Please ask some questions and I hope you find the events interesting!

Thanks!
Kevin
Collapse

2nl (X)
Netherlands
Thank you! Nov 19, 2015

Thanks, Kevin!

I've just added my first question there, something that really bothers me (and at least one other automation fan on Mac):

CafeTran's strength is in it's ability to adapt to users' preferences. I notice that you get a lot of requests for micro tasks (e.g. case changing and other string manipulations). Are you planning to add any support for automation tools or even a scripting language, so that users can create their own solutions for these mini tasks? I'm having troubles to use Keyboard Maestro (about the only automation tool on the Mac platform) with CafeTran. Are you planning to improve the interaction between Keyboard Maestro and CafeTran?

As far as I'm concerned it cannot be that Windows users can use AutoHotkey to fulfil their automation wishes, whereas Mac users have no working solution. I am not going to downgrade to Windows. Period.

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 10:47
English to Indonesian
+ ...
No need to downgrade Nov 19, 2015

2nl wrote:
I'm having troubles to use Keyboard Maestro (about the only automation tool on the Mac platform) with CafeTran... I am not going to downgrade to Windows.

There's Automator and AppleScript. They come with OS X. For free. Most of the Keyboard Maestro macros I've seen are based on AppleScript anyway, for a large part.

Hans

2nl (X)
Netherlands
You're partially right Nov 19, 2015

Meta Arkadia wrote:

2nl wrote:
I'm having troubles to use Keyboard Maestro (about the only automation tool on the Mac platform) with CafeTran... I am not going to downgrade to Windows.

There's Automator and AppleScript. They come with OS X. For free. Most of the Keyboard Maestro macros I've seen are based on AppleScript anyway, for a large part.

Hans

You're partially right. Thanks for your reply!

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:47
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I just answered my first question! Nov 19, 2015

Kevin Dias wrote:

Hi Hans,

Please ask some questions and I hope you find the events interesting!

Thanks!
Kevin

In case anyone is reading this, I just answered my first question @ Adding Speech to Text to Your Workflow, and will try to answer the rest ASAP!

Michael

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 10:47
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Move over, Beijer! Nov 19, 2015

With all due respect, Kevin, I think Michael deserves his own subforum header, in Speech Recognition I suggest. His subject is not necessarily related to CafeTran, and although it's hard to imagine people not being interested in CafeTran, this way those colleagues may miss Michael's expertise. The same goes - mutatis mutandis - for Samuel's "talk" on metorship.

Cheers,

Hans

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »