JorgeRodrigues
JorgeRodrigues
Portugal
Local time: 13:16
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Feb 18, 2016

Hello everyone.

I don't know if someone is having problems exporting documents in CafeTran Espresso 2016 Ichiro...

When I open the exported word file, it always gives the following error "Sorry, but can't open ....... because there was a problem with the content." When I go to error details "syntax incorrect document Location:. Part / word / documento.xml, Row 1, Column 1".

Any solution for this?

Already reinstalled Cafetran.... the problem rem
... See more
Hello everyone.

I don't know if someone is having problems exporting documents in CafeTran Espresso 2016 Ichiro...

When I open the exported word file, it always gives the following error "Sorry, but can't open ....... because there was a problem with the content." When I go to error details "syntax incorrect document Location:. Part / word / documento.xml, Row 1, Column 1".

Any solution for this?

Already reinstalled Cafetran.... the problem remains.
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 14:16
QA tag check Feb 18, 2016

Did you run the two QA tag checks? You have to make the QA menu visible in the View menu.

JorgeRodrigues
JorgeRodrigues
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
QA Feb 18, 2016

Yes. I did it. Still doesn't open.....

[Edited at 2016-02-18 22:18 GMT]

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Contact the support Feb 18, 2016

Hi Jorge,

Did you edit any project files in an external application or move them out of the project folder? For example, did you open or edit the copy of the Word source document which CafeTran keeps in the project folder?

You can submit a support ticket at https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/home to help you with the export.

Igor

JorgeRodrigues
JorgeRodrigues
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Source of the problem Feb 18, 2016

Hello Igor.

I think that was te problem. I moved the the project folder to my dropbox and open it again with Cafetran. And since then I can't export this project.

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 20:16
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Did you start off... Feb 18, 2016

... your project by importing the *.docx in CafeTran in the first place? I never encountered this problem.

However, you can't export a *.docx of a project set up by another CAT tool, like Studio.

Cheers,

Hans

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Moving project files Feb 19, 2016

You need to be very careful when you change the location of the project while it is not finished. There is a risk of accidental renaming or omitting some project files. The best way to do is to create a .ctp package via Project > Export > To package... and then opening that package from the new location via drag and drop on the Project Dashboard.

Igor

Mark Possemiers
Mark Possemiers  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2013)
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
so I am not the only one :-) Apr 21, 2016

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

You need to be very careful when you change the location of the project while it is not finished. There is a risk of accidental renaming or omitting some project files. The best way to do is to create a .ctp package via Project > Export > To package... and then opening that package from the new location via drag and drop on the Project Dashboard.

Igor

Hey Igor - I am glad I am not the only one moving files around
Now keep everything in dropbox

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems exporting to word

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »