ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:53
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Jul 30, 2018

Hello,
I've got another question regarding the memory:
I started a new project, selected a translation memory (TMX) and then, after translating for a while, chose "Save all memories" which works just find. But when I choose "Save memory as" (because maybe I want to save this memory under another name), this doesn't work and I get the notice "Read-only memory". Any ideas why this happens?
Thank you for your help!
Irene

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:53
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
weird Jul 30, 2018

Try right-clicking in the memory pane of the offending TM and see if ‘Read-only memory’ is checked/unchecked.

Michael

Dércio Bene

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 30, 2018

Hi Michael,
Hm, where exactly do I have to right-click? I can't seem to finde this option ...
Kind regards,
Irene

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:53
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
~ Jul 30, 2018

ibz wrote:

Hi Michael,
Hm, where exactly do I have to right-click? I can't seem to finde this option ...
Kind regards,
Irene

The place you need to click (the translation memory pane/box) is basically where you see any matches from your current project being shown.

Michael

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found Jul 30, 2018

Oh, ok! I found it and the "Read only memory" box is not ticked.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Read-only memory

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »