Thread poster: Amanda Russell
Amanda Russell
Amanda Russell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:30
English to Bislama
+ ...
Feb 1, 2019

I just downloaded Cafetran Espresso, and went to get started, but I am a Bislama / English translator. Bislama is not listed as an option. The closest language match would be Hatian Creole. I understand that this matters when trying to use outside tools and resources, but there really isn't any for my language at present. So can I just decline online support options and pick any old secondary language (like Hatian Creole) to represent "Bislama" and get going?

I am not looking for a
... See more
I just downloaded Cafetran Espresso, and went to get started, but I am a Bislama / English translator. Bislama is not listed as an option. The closest language match would be Hatian Creole. I understand that this matters when trying to use outside tools and resources, but there really isn't any for my language at present. So can I just decline online support options and pick any old secondary language (like Hatian Creole) to represent "Bislama" and get going?

I am not looking for additional support from outside my own computer. I just want to load all my old projects and have this tool suggest matches for future translation jobs to cut down on repetitive translations.

Alternatively, would the Cafetran Espresso developer be open to adding that language into the program?

Thanks for your input!
Collapse

Hans Lenting

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Language code? Feb 1, 2019

Hey Amanda,

Just out of interest: What would be the correct language code?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bislama

Good luck with CafeTran Espresso 10 Croissant.

Hans

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:30
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Bislama language Feb 4, 2019

Hello Amanda,

Bislama has just been added to the list of project languages. Please reinstall or update your CafeTran installation.

Amanda Russell
United States
English to Bislama
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Feb 5, 2019

I appreciate the help!

Amanda Russell
United States
English to Bislama
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
2nd part of my question Mar 3, 2019

My language pair does not have any outside tools online that can be uploaded or linked to suggest matches. I have to build dictionaries and glossaries for myself within the program somehow. I have a lot of source documents and translations that I could use to build matches. I do not know what format (columns in a word document or excel workbook?) or how to upload the Bislama source vocabulary and English translation equivalent vocabulary that I have on file. Thanks for your help. Is there a user... See more
My language pair does not have any outside tools online that can be uploaded or linked to suggest matches. I have to build dictionaries and glossaries for myself within the program somehow. I have a lot of source documents and translations that I could use to build matches. I do not know what format (columns in a word document or excel workbook?) or how to upload the Bislama source vocabulary and English translation equivalent vocabulary that I have on file. Thanks for your help. Is there a user manual for this program that covers this issue?Collapse

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:30
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Working with glossaries Mar 4, 2019

Please check the Knowledge Base articles on how to work with glossaries in CafeTran:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/solution/folders/6000058179

You might also consider the Alignment workflow for building g
... See more
Please check the Knowledge Base articles on how to work with glossaries in CafeTran:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/solution/folders/6000058179

You might also consider the Alignment workflow for building glossaries as described here:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/solution/folders/6000231601
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help! I want to use Cafetran Espresso but my language pair is not listed

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »