Export .sdlxlsx files as .docx
Thread poster: Paulo Favarão
Paulo Favarão
Paulo Favarão  Identity Verified
Finland
English to Portuguese
Mar 4, 2019

Hi all,

I am new to CafeTran Espresso and I would like to know if it is possible to export .sdlxlsx files as .docx. I wasn't able to find how to do it myself.

And since we're already here, I'd like to ask another thing related to that... Is there a way to preview the file while translating it? I always found the preview feature during the translation process very helpful but I can't seem to find it here. Does CafeTran has one?

Much appreciated.

... See more
Hi all,

I am new to CafeTran Espresso and I would like to know if it is possible to export .sdlxlsx files as .docx. I wasn't able to find how to do it myself.

And since we're already here, I'd like to ask another thing related to that... Is there a way to preview the file while translating it? I always found the preview feature during the translation process very helpful but I can't seem to find it here. Does CafeTran has one?

Much appreciated.

Paulo
Collapse

Armine Abelyan
Armine Abelyan
Armenia
Local time: 20:24
English to Armenian
+ ...
Cafetran and preview for Translatable doc Mar 4, 2019

May be this conversation could be useful for you

https://www.proz.com/forum/cafetran_support/309341-preview_target_document.html

Paulo Favarão
Finland
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
Export .sdlxlsx files as .docx Mar 5, 2019

Thanks Armine. That helped clear things out.

Paulo

picklink
picklink
Spain
Local time: 16:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
Print & View might be your Mar 7, 2019

Paulo,

Not sure if it helps, as for your issue you are referring to CafeTran, but in SDL Trados one option could be "Print Preview" (File -> Print & View), where you can preview the current doc.

Another useful SDL-T feature is in the same section: "preview source" or "target" in Word. Once in word, as easy as Save as a new doc.

Regards and good luck!

[Edited at 2019-03-08 01:00 GMT]

Paulo Favarão
Finland
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
Appreciate the reply, picklink. Mar 8, 2019

picklink wrote:

Paulo,

Not sure if it helps, as for your issue you are referring to CafeTran, but in SDL Trados one option could be "Print Preview" (File -> Print & View), where you can preview the current doc.

Another useful SDL-T feature is in the same section: "preview source" or "target" in Word. Once in word, as easy as Save as a new doc.

Regards and good luck!

[Edited at 2019-03-08 01:00 GMT]

Appreciate the reply, picklink.

I know well how it works on Trados. I got a free trial version and never had any problems previewing or saving as Word file. I just wanted to know if it would be possible to do the same on CafeTran.

From what I have researched and tried, I seems it isn't possible...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export .sdlxlsx files as .docx

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »