Muses Inc
Muses Inc  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:20
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 11, 2020

I just finished translating a word file, but I get this error and cannot open it, not with MS Word, nor with LibreOffice:

File format error found at
SAXParseException: '[word/document.xml line 2]: Couldn't find end of Start Tag docPr
', Stream 'word/document.xml', Line 2, Column 119357(row,col).

What could have gone wrong and can I salvage the file somehow (with, say BBedit)?

I can however export to a bilingual file, but that is not wha
... See more
I just finished translating a word file, but I get this error and cannot open it, not with MS Word, nor with LibreOffice:

File format error found at
SAXParseException: '[word/document.xml line 2]: Couldn't find end of Start Tag docPr
', Stream 'word/document.xml', Line 2, Column 119357(row,col).

What could have gone wrong and can I salvage the file somehow (with, say BBedit)?

I can however export to a bilingual file, but that is not what I need...

EDIT: Solved!
I found this topic: https://www.proz.com/forum/cafetran_support/337835-problem_exporting_file.html

That helped. Making sure the whole document was set to the source language, reloading the project, then run a QA (tags showing up that had not been there before?), then exporting it, worked like a shine!

[Edited at 2020-02-11 22:36 GMT]
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Tags controleren Feb 12, 2020

Hello Ingrid,

Did you run the 2 QA checks for tags?

If so, you can send the document to the developer, by creating a ticket:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error exporting word file

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »