Can't open DejaVu X2 - bad image error, (DLL file problem)
Thread poster: Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:28
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
Oct 25, 2018

I can't open DejaVuX2. When I click on the program to open it I get the following error message.

error message title: DejaVuX2.exe Bad Image

error message body:
C:\Windows\system32\MSVBVM60.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

I tried uninstalling DejaVuX2 and reinstallin
... See more
I can't open DejaVuX2. When I click on the program to open it I get the following error message.

error message body:
C:\Windows\system32\MSVBVM60.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

I tried uninstalling DejaVuX2 and reinstalling it from the disk (I own it for over 6 years already). That didn't help and I still got the same error message. Then I tried downloading the trial of DejaVuX3 and I tried to open DejaVuX3 but I got the same error message.

I contacted Atril for support but that still have got no response from them. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I have been using DejaVuX2 for 6 years and haven't had any major problems until now. By the way, I am using the latest build of the software and I have Windows 7.

I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:28
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
MSVBVM60.DLL Oct 25, 2018

Sarah McDowell wrote:

error message body:

I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!

I assume the error isn´t directly related to DV but to the mentioned .DLL file. The internet (alias Google) offers several solutions to fix issues with that file. Try some of them or ask a friend or IT shop in your area to fix it for you.

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:28
English to Turkish
+ ...
Solution from Atril Oct 25, 2018

Hi Sarah,

Did you try the solutions offered by Atril?

https://atrilsolutions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205537331-How-to-re-install-the-Visual-Basic-6-Runtime

This is not a bug in DVX2 but the solution offered by Atril should help. You may consider testing the new features in DVX3.
... See more
Hi Sarah,

Did you try the solutions offered by Atril?

https://atrilsolutions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205537331-How-to-re-install-the-Visual-Basic-6-Runtime

This is not a bug in DVX2 but the solution offered by Atril should help. You may consider testing the new features in DVX3.

[Edited at 2018-10-25 07:34 GMT]
Collapse

Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:28
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, I tried that Oct 25, 2018

Hi Selcuk,

Yes, I tried that. It's the problem with reinstalling Visual Basic 6 Runtime.

I ran the elevated command prompt and got the following error message:

The module "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvbvm60.dll" failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specific path or debut it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files.
Access is denied.

So then I checked to see if the file is at the specific path and it is. Wha
... See more
Hi Selcuk,

Yes, I tried that. It's the problem with reinstalling Visual Basic 6 Runtime.

I ran the elevated command prompt and got the following error message:

The module "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvbvm60.dll" failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specific path or debut it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files.
Access is denied.

So then I checked to see if the file is at the specific path and it is. What could be causing this to fail to load?
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:28
English to Turkish
+ ...
msvbvm60.dll Oct 25, 2018

Hi Sarah,

Unfortunately I have no idea about how to solve it other than the method described at

Ask me anything else about DVX2/3 but not any Windows problems....
See more
Hi Sarah,

Unfortunately I have no idea about how to solve it other than the method described at

Ask me anything else about DVX2/3 but not any Windows problems.

Hope DVX Support or any other Windows guru here at Proz.com will answer your question soon.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't open DejaVu X2 - bad image error, (DLL file problem)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »