Elodie Bonnafous
France
Local time: 11:16
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
Sep 2, 2020

Bonjour,

j'ai réinstallé Trados 2019 avant-hier, et depuis je ne peux plus créer de projets : au moment de la finalisation de création d'un projet, j'ai systématiquement une erreur à l'étape "convertir en format traduisible", le message d'erreur indique "System out of memory exception", et cela a lieu même avec des fichiers Word ayant déjà été traduits ces dernières semaines.

Que faire ?

Un grand merci d'avance !

Peter Motte
Peter Motte  Identity Verified
Belgium
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Ré-activation? Sep 2, 2020

Est-ce que vous avez déactiver Trados online avant que vous l'avez réinstallé? Et est-ce que vous l'avez réactiver après la réinstallation?

Elodie Bonnafous
Elodie Bonnafous
France
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"réactivation" > de la licence ? Sep 2, 2020

Hello,

Do you mean deactivating the licence? It is not necessary if I reinstall Trados on the same computer.

Peter Motte
Belgium
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Mistake Sep 2, 2020

Elodie Bonnafous wrote:

Hello,

Do you mean deactivating the licence? It is not necessary if I reinstall Trados on the same computer.

I think you are mistaken about that.

María Belén Galán Cabello

Peter Motte
Belgium
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
This problem has been handled before on Proz.com Sep 3, 2020

I have searched a bit via Google, and I notice that lots of people get this problem.
It has even been mentioned on Proz.com before
"https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/294008-trados_2014_system_out_of_memory_exception.html"
That is all, however, for other versions of Trados.

Have you tried making a project of a Word file but without adding TM's to it?
The problem might be the TM's formatting. I"m just guessing, you know.

Peter Motte
Belgium
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Size was the problem Sep 3, 2020

Peter Motte wrote:

I have searched a bit via Google, and I notice that lots of people get this problem.
It has even been mentioned on Proz.com before
"https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/294008-trados_2014_system_out_of_memory_exception.html"
That is all, however, for other versions of Trados.

Have you tried making a project of a Word file but without adding TM's to it?
The problem might be the TM's formatting. I"m just guessing, you know.

In the above mentioned thread it seems the file size was the problem, but I don't think it's the same in your case.

Peter Motte
Belgium
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Number of files Sep 3, 2020

Here they say the number of files is the problem in T2019, not the word count

"https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/20889/system-out-of-memory-error"

Reea-Silvia Podeanu
Reea-Silvia Podeanu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 12:16
English to Romanian
+ ...
This is what I did... Jul 10, 2021

HI. I just had the same problem with my Trados and I had a big pptx that my Trados refused to save. So I have created a copy of the original pptx file and split the file in three, actually I created three new pptx files and copied a third of the content in each of them and then created a Trados project and put the three files in the same project with TM... and it worked like a charm.

In case that would not have worked I intended to create three projects, one for each pptx file and
... See more
HI. I just had the same problem with my Trados and I had a big pptx that my Trados refused to save. So I have created a copy of the original pptx file and split the file in three, actually I created three new pptx files and copied a third of the content in each of them and then created a Trados project and put the three files in the same project with TM... and it worked like a charm.

In case that would not have worked I intended to create three projects, one for each pptx file and it would have worked anyway. This is another solution for working with big files. When I will finish I will paste the content of all three files together in the original file and everything will be just fine. So far it is saving my project without any problems.

I have a lot of RAM but i do not know why this time Trados thought the file was too big for it. Anyway, if you try this, it will work. Good luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2019 - System out of memory exception

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »