Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:36
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Oct 20, 2008

Hi there everyone,

I've been using the electronic French to English Le Grand Robert for a few months and am generally happy with it EXCEPT for the "hyperlink button" which sits down on the task bar on the right. It enables you to seach in the dictionary for any highlighted text. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It seems to have a mind of its own. I often end up having to type words into the dictionary search, which obviously takes a bit longer.
I have a suspicion that
... See more
Hi there everyone,

I've been using the electronic French to English Le Grand Robert for a few months and am generally happy with it EXCEPT for the "hyperlink button" which sits down on the task bar on the right. It enables you to seach in the dictionary for any highlighted text. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It seems to have a mind of its own. I often end up having to type words into the dictionary search, which obviously takes a bit longer.
I have a suspicion that it is something to do with Vista/authorizations etc. But would welcome any suggestions.

Mark
Collapse

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
why don't you try IWS Oct 20, 2008

IntelliWebSearch, also works for dictionaries on your computer

Mark Nathan
Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution Oct 27, 2008

I have since discovered that it seems to work properly PROVIDED it is opened before any other applications, in particular Word and Trados.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Grand Robert hyperlink search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »