Lydia Foster
Lydia Foster  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 14, 2008

Hi all,

I'm not sure if anyone can help me (it's an extremely specific question - I'm not sure if there's many SAP Translation experts out there) but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I'm in the middle of translating a rather large Customizing Table in SAP via the transaction TADC. The table contains some 15,000 entries, more or less i.e. it's a monster that takes 30 minutes to save.

Towards the end of the table, I've found that they all appear in Blue (rather than
... See more
Hi all,

I'm not sure if anyone can help me (it's an extremely specific question - I'm not sure if there's many SAP Translation experts out there) but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I'm in the middle of translating a rather large Customizing Table in SAP via the transaction TADC. The table contains some 15,000 entries, more or less i.e. it's a monster that takes 30 minutes to save.

Towards the end of the table, I've found that they all appear in Blue (rather than the usual red-if untranslated, green-translated, yellow-translated but not created in the proposal pool/terminology conflict).

Has anyone come across this before?

Also they're rather annoying as it doesn't allow distribute translations in the proposal pool to the blue lines, nor does it let you search for text strings in the target text. It's as if they don't exist.

What's more, every time I press Enter on a field that I know has been created in the proposal pool and that contains a translation, it returns me to the middle of the table where I found the first blue segment.

Is this normal behaviour in a large table??
Collapse

Andrej
Andrej  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:03
Member (2005)
German to Russian
+ ...
SE63 Nov 14, 2008

Are you sure you translate in the TA TADC? Is it not an object type? Try to call the object directly in the transaction SE63. SE63 -> Object type in TA box (TABL in your case I suppose) -> Object name (or Table name) -> Edit. So you'll get the table in the right environment, as SE63 is used for translation only. What ist the Basis version of the system you are translating in? 46C? 620? 640? 700?

But first of all: ask your PM...
See more
Are you sure you translate in the TA TADC? Is it not an object type? Try to call the object directly in the transaction SE63. SE63 -> Object type in TA box (TABL in your case I suppose) -> Object name (or Table name) -> Edit. So you'll get the table in the right environment, as SE63 is used for translation only. What ist the Basis version of the system you are translating in? 46C? 620? 640? 700?

But first of all: ask your PM

PS Fill free to contact me, I have translated SAP for many years (DE-RU, EN-RU).

[Edited at 2008-11-14 18:15 GMT]
Collapse

Lydia Foster
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Translation Tool SE63 with glitches Nov 14, 2008

Hi Andrej,

Thanks for your reply.. Sorry I'm skipping information as usual. I'm working in the SE63 environment. I don't have permissions to directly access the object.

For some strange reason when I enter an object name (having entered the object type as being TABL) it doesn't automatically look for the right object type - it just deletes the object name entered.

For my PM, it automatically opens the right type for that object/table name, whereas I have to
... See more
Hi Andrej,

Thanks for your reply.. Sorry I'm skipping information as usual. I'm working in the SE63 environment. I don't have permissions to directly access the object.

For some strange reason when I enter an object name (having entered the object type as being TABL) it doesn't automatically look for the right object type - it just deletes the object name entered.

For my PM, it automatically opens the right type for that object/table name, whereas I have to do it manually, trying each object type (TABL, TADC, TADA). It's rather strange...

That apart, I can open the object ok (using TADC as it's a customizing table) and I have translated the vast majority, however for some reason, the lines at the end of the object appeared in blue at first.

On accessing again, they have returned to normal i.e. red colour but it will not allow me distribute the texts despite the proposals appearing underneath.

My PM has sent a message to her client as it doesn't work for her either. I'll let you know what the outcome is, but thanks for the moral support nonetheless!
Collapse

Andrej
Member (2005)
German to Russian
+ ...
Segments Nov 16, 2008

If you are working in SE63 and have the Basis version 700 and higher, you can (and actually should) divide the big table in segments, wich can be called for translation separately. It's realy important to know wich version you have. Go to System - Status - SAP System Data - Loupe Icone - Software Component - SAP_BASIS - Release. So you'll get the info about the system release you are working in. Different releases have different settings (and problems), and I cannot say more if I do not know the... See more
If you are working in SE63 and have the Basis version 700 and higher, you can (and actually should) divide the big table in segments, wich can be called for translation separately. It's realy important to know wich version you have. Go to System - Status - SAP System Data - Loupe Icone - Software Component - SAP_BASIS - Release. So you'll get the info about the system release you are working in. Different releases have different settings (and problems), and I cannot say more if I do not know the release info.

If you cannot distribute the ready lines automatically, so just try to copy translations manually for each line with the mouse or F2 button (the proposals appearing underneath). It's a waste of time, I know, but it's better as nothing. The table ist too big, that is the problem I think. The bigger the object the worse the problems, so we say in my team.

[Edited at 2008-11-16 10:35 GMT]
Collapse

Lydia Foster
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Release 620 Nov 16, 2008

The release is 620 (so can't divide it up).

The transaction SE63 is still acting strange. On Friday I was able to access any table via TABL (as you mentioned), but today it wouldn't find the right table. I had to look for it via the application menu Translation > R/3 Translation > Short Texts > TADG.

For that table, I can copy the text manually (I had been doing that) but we're talking about 5,000 lines to be done by tomorrow at the end of the day.

I've to
... See more
The release is 620 (so can't divide it up).

The transaction SE63 is still acting strange. On Friday I was able to access any table via TABL (as you mentioned), but today it wouldn't find the right table. I had to look for it via the application menu Translation > R/3 Translation > Short Texts > TADG.

For that table, I can copy the text manually (I had been doing that) but we're talking about 5,000 lines to be done by tomorrow at the end of the day.

I've told the PM and the end client was notified (but hasn't replied). Meanwhile the translation of that table has been stopped. It's now the customers problem not ours.

Thanks for your help, this project (and the end client) is becoming a nightmare!
Collapse

Andrej
Member (2005)
German to Russian
+ ...
Performance Nov 16, 2008

If all the lines are ready (i.e. they are saved in the proposal pool), and the only thing you should do now is to apply them, you can do it manually. I know this is a really annoying and stupid work, but what can you do else? If you use keys like "arrow down" (to position the cursor on the proposal pool line) + F2, then again several times "arrow down" + F2 you will get the lines ready relative quickly. My record is about 3.500 li... See more
If all the lines are ready (i.e. they are saved in the proposal pool), and the only thing you should do now is to apply them, you can do it manually. I know this is a really annoying and stupid work, but what can you do else? If you use keys like "arrow down" (to position the cursor on the proposal pool line) + F2, then again several times "arrow down" + F2 you will get the lines ready relative quickly. My record is about 3.500 lines within 6 hours... But it's a stupid work, I agree.

[Edited at 2008-11-16 16:52 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error SAP R/3 Translation Tool - Fields in Blue

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »