Thread poster: Colin lee
Colin lee
Colin lee
Local time: 22:50
Chinese
Dec 15, 2008

Hi all,

I want you to help about pdf checking, the detail is :-

1.do you know which tool/script/(other efficient Tool) can check pdf issue ---->one word in a line or punctuation symbol appears at the head of line .

You know, if it is Desktop publishing. we should avoid one word in one line or punctuation symbol appears at the head of line for double byte languages. but i must check this by manual for every time. it is really a nightmare if pdf is
... See more
Hi all,

I want you to help about pdf checking, the detail is :-

1.do you know which tool/script/(other efficient Tool) can check pdf issue ---->one word in a line or punctuation symbol appears at the head of line .

You know, if it is Desktop publishing. we should avoid one word in one line or punctuation symbol appears at the head of line for double byte languages. but i must check this by manual for every time. it is really a nightmare if pdf is so large.

So, Do you know which tool can implement checking automatically. or please share your experience on this if you have something.

Thanks

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-12-15 07:26 GMT]
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 21:50
English to Thai
+ ...
Typesetting rules Dec 15, 2008

I can remind only of typesetting tools you use prior to creating a PDF file.
For example, MS Word, MS Publisher, Adobe InDesign, QuarkXpress, FrameMake have orphan control for paragraph settings.
Like what you say about 2-byte language (Chinese, Korean, Japanese etc.), certain characters or symbol are not permitted on the line heading, footing etc.
By this way, I can find/replace special characters in many of my PDF file lines.

Soonthon L.

Colin lee
Colin lee
Local time: 22:50
Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 15, 2008

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:

I can remind only of typesetting tools you use prior to creating a PDF file.
For example, MS Word, MS Publisher, Adobe InDesign, QuarkXpress, FrameMake have orphan control for paragraph settings.
Like what you say about 2-byte language (Chinese, Korean, Japanese etc.), certain characters or symbol are not permitted on the line heading, footing etc.
By this way, I can find/replace special characters in many of my PDF file lines.

Soonthon L.

Actually, we need do QA for the result(pdf) of Desktop publishing, and i want to quickly know if there are characters or symbol on the line heading or only one word in a line. So i want only to a tool base on pdf. not other typesetting tools.

BTW, i found the pdf support javascript develop. it seem like Office support vba creation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please share your tool or experience about pdf checking

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »