GMail is failing: Error 502 not disappearing. The help center shows the same error.
Thread poster: Oriol Vives (X)
Oriol Vives (X)
Oriol Vives (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:03
English to Catalan
+ ...
Dec 14, 2020

I was wondering if I am the only one with this issue. Gmail has gone berserk with the silent treatment on me and, obviously, there is a lot of work to be done and delivered in minutes.

I have looked around the Internet and they say this should be solved in minutes; however, it has been almost an hour for me and, since I can't reach their Help center, I feel totally unprotected, like a cast out. I use this opportunity to let my clients waiting for an answer know that I am doing every
... See more
I was wondering if I am the only one with this issue. Gmail has gone berserk with the silent treatment on me and, obviously, there is a lot of work to be done and delivered in minutes.

I have looked around the Internet and they say this should be solved in minutes; however, it has been almost an hour for me and, since I can't reach their Help center, I feel totally unprotected, like a cast out. I use this opportunity to let my clients waiting for an answer know that I am doing everything I can possibly think of.

If anyone knows something or can offer some comforting words amidst this violently aggressive event against me, I would be thankful.
Collapse

Tom in London

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:03
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Here's what I'm getting Dec 14, 2020

Screen Shot

[Edited at 2020-12-14 12:39 GMT]

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
I have an address just for newsletters Dec 14, 2020

That one displays an error at the moment.
My main one is ok for now. Thank you for the heads up.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
-- and it's down all over the world. Dec 14, 2020

https://twitter.com/search?q=gmail%20is%20down&ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^search

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Set up another acccount Dec 14, 2020

You could set up a hotmail account or similar in minutes

Oriol Vives (X)
Oriol Vives (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Catalan
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Aaaand fixed. 8) Dec 14, 2020

Thank you, very competent people in GMail. We love you. You know we do.

Elena Feriani
Gianna Senesi

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Paranoids Anonymous Dec 14, 2020

Oriol Vives wrote:
If anyone knows something or can offer some comforting words amidst this violently aggressive event against me, I would be thankful.

I found Paranoids Anonymous helpful in a similar situation once when Microsoft Windows launched a direct personal attack on me one lunchtime.

P.L.F. Persio

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
It made the news Dec 14, 2020

Google suffers worldwide outage with Gmail, YouTube and other services down

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/dec/14/google-suffers-worldwide-outage-with-gmail-youtube-and-other-services-down

P.L.F. Persio
Ivana Kahle

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

GMail is failing: Error 502 not disappearing. The help center shows the same error.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »