Daniel Frisano
Daniel Frisano  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:25
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 27, 2018

I am using Google Translator as a text-to-speech tool. Problem is, it reads everything in a steady flow with no pauses at all. I need to insert a 2-second pause between sentences. Example:

Untitled-1

I need a 2-second pause between "I want these sentences" and "to be read a few seconds apart", then again 2 seconds before the next sentence/phrase, and so on.

I tried everything. Blank lines don't do the trick. No funny character does the trick - they are simply ignored. The closest I have come to a 2-second silence is using 30 Arabic hamzas in a row, which are rendered as a long aspiration, but I need real pauses.

I know you can do it via Google Actions Console with some basic programming, but not all languages are supported there, and I am using a language that is not supported.

Any ideas? (Tested solutions only, no wild guesses or links to useless threads please)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Inserting pause in Google Translator text-to-speech

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »