What language?
Thread poster: Alf Andersson (X)
Alf Andersson (X)
Alf Andersson (X)
Local time: 22:08
English to Swedish
Dec 19, 2003

Could somebody please help me define what language is written on this poster. And what does the poster say?

http://www.alfatext.se/Bilder/poster.jpg

Thanks.

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:08
Danish to English
+ ...
poster Dec 19, 2003

This is a Japanese poster, so I suggest you contact the Japanese community and ask what it says.

Kaori Myatt
Kaori Myatt  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:08
English to Japanese
+ ...
It is very hard to read. Dec 20, 2003

It is probably Chinese...I couldn't read some of the charactors...I could only read "雨後新"which is "New after the rain". but this is a well known Chinese poem phrase.It might be the title of this picture.
The other word I have only been able to read was "Year 1999".

Why don't you ask some one who can read Chinese?

Will Matter
Will Matter  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:08
English
+ ...
Chinese or Japanese Dec 20, 2003

[quote]Kaori Myatt wrote:

Why don't you ask some one who can read Chinese? Agree with Kaori, could only read "1999" myself, could be Chinese or Japanese, didn't see any hiragana or katakana to indicate anything else, only poorly written Kanji. Could be either language.

acnjones
acnjones
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:08
Japanese to English
+ ...
Bamboo Dec 22, 2003

It¥'s hard to tell which language as both use Kanji (Chinese characters).

It seems to say something like ¥"new bamboo after the rain¥" 雨後新竹. At least that¥'s what the Japanese person next to me says!

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What language?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »