Stylistic Devices in a poster
Thread poster: TranslatorZlo
TranslatorZlo
TranslatorZlo
Russian Federation
Apr 11, 2018

Hello, dear friends
Could you tell me, what stylistic devices are used in this slogan?
"You can be someone's superhero"
(here's the poster itself https://i.pinimg.com/originals/02/06/f9/0206f926892adef3d8aca39741a85f69.jpg )

Thanks a lot!

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:25
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Puzzled Apr 13, 2018

TranslatorZlo wrote:

Hello, dear friends
Could you tell me, what stylistic devices are used in this slogan?
"You can be someone's superhero"
(here's the poster itself https://i.pinimg.com/originals/02/06/f9/0206f926892adef3d8aca39741a85f69.jpg )

Thanks a lot!

I'm puzzled by the question. Everything in the poster is a stylistic device.

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
+ Apr 13, 2018

First, there're different classifications (theories), so the results and definitions may vary.

Second, we were taught there're three main stylistic/expression devices: (1) phonetic, (2) lexical, and (3) syntactic ones, let alone (4) the graphical level--a picture, amending the meaning.

Third, it's but a concoction of stylistic means and devices of different proportions--from a metaphor, a metonymy, a simile, and a hyperbola to a periphrasis and even euphemism or maxima.
... See more
First, there're different classifications (theories), so the results and definitions may vary.

Second, we were taught there're three main stylistic/expression devices: (1) phonetic, (2) lexical, and (3) syntactic ones, let alone (4) the graphical level--a picture, amending the meaning.

Third, it's but a concoction of stylistic means and devices of different proportions--from a metaphor, a metonymy, a simile, and a hyperbola to a periphrasis and even euphemism or maxima.

Why, I still remember a strident text about Vodka shaped as a bottle.
Collapse

TranslatorZlo
TranslatorZlo
Russian Federation
TOPIC STARTER
well, Apr 14, 2018

I need to find here something like metaphor, pun, irony etc
but there seem to be nothing in here, I hoped that maybe somebody would see anything

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Stylistic Devices in a poster

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »