Thread poster: Dave Pugh
jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:21
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Do you think a short term course would work for someone who has no medical background? Jan 29, 2016

I doubt it. You may be able to memorize a lot of terminologies but you wouldn't be able to gain sufficient knowledge of the content of materials in medicine easily in a short term course. The significance is that a sentence produced by a translator who has no medical background would carry severe errors that the translator might not even be aware of.

There are many medical graduates who are doing translations. You will not be their competitor no matter how hard you would train yours
... See more
I doubt it. You may be able to memorize a lot of terminologies but you wouldn't be able to gain sufficient knowledge of the content of materials in medicine easily in a short term course. The significance is that a sentence produced by a translator who has no medical background would carry severe errors that the translator might not even be aware of.

There are many medical graduates who are doing translations. You will not be their competitor no matter how hard you would train yourself.
Collapse

Edith van der Have
Edith van der Have
Netherlands
Local time: 22:21
Member (2016)
English to Dutch
+ ...
MOOCs Feb 1, 2016

Check out MOOC-platforms (MOOC=Massive Open Online Course), if you are interested in monolingual English courses. There are a lot of MOOCs on medical subjects, and all of them are for free (if you do not buy any certificate, that is). Class-central.com offers an overview of available courses at many different platforms.

[Edited at 2016-02-01 13:58 GMT]

abdelkader jbira (X)
abdelkader jbira (X)  Identity Verified
Morocco
Local time: 21:21
Arabic to French
+ ...
cours en ligne de traduction médicale anglais/arabe/anglais Jan 28, 2019

Anwar Mossad wrote:

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good medical translation courses, either on-line or if not where can i find it ? please. The language would have to be English-English. or English - Arabic
I appreciate any input.

Thanks.

Vous pouvez visiter ce lien :

http://astschool.com/

Lucia Santos
Lucia Santos
Brazil
Local time: 18:21
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Medical courses with certificate Jan 29, 2019

Hello, guys

I have just get to this forum and I would like to know about serious medical courses with certificate English -Poturguese. Can you help me?

[Edited at 2019-01-30 08:50 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-01-30 08:51 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Medical translation courses

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »