Why do I get only a 99% weighting for segments with identical numbers?
Thread poster: Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 12:24
German to English
+ ...
Aug 24, 2017

Why do I get the message:

"Numbers of entities are different but corrected by memoQ" with weighting 99% for segments with identical numbers?
For example: 123

Because such numbers occur very frequently in large tables, this slows working greatly.
More important, is there some option that can be set to solve this problem?

Regards
Tony

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:24
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Pre-populate Aug 24, 2017

You can use Preparation > Populate number-only segments to take care of all segments that are just numbers. They will be confirmed, if that's how you have set it.

[Edited at 2017-08-24 13:21 GMT]

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 12:24
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Pre-populate Aug 24, 2017

John

Thanks for you reply, but unfortunately it does not solve my problem (the "Populate number-only segments" option was set).

Regards
Tony

Addendum:

Setting the checkmark for "Populate unconfirmed rows with text in target" solved the problem, but I am not sure whether there are any unwanted side-effects.

[Edited at 2017-08-24 15:14 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why do I get only a 99% weighting for segments with identical numbers?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »