BNN Medical Tr.
BNN Medical Tr.
Brazil
Local time: 04:40
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 24, 2017

Previously, memoQ would not segment the following test sentence:

Era uma vez.¹ Vejam vocês.² Um passarinho feio.

Where the reference numbers 1 and 2 were made with the superscript and subscript functions in Word.

I have added a segmentation rule for reference numbers by following this guide, so that my test sentence became on memoQ:

Era uma vez.¹
Vejam vocês.²
Um passarinho feio.

(For your convenience, the regex code used on the guide is: \p{Ll}\.[\)\]”"]?\d+([-–,]\d+)?#!#[\s]+\p{Lu} )

The problem is, when I imported a file I have previously translated which also has references, the new segmentation rule isn't working! I even manually inserted some reference numbers and re-tested, and still the phrase will not be segmented after the number. See screenshot:

Screenshot_1

The "1" after "LLC" was inserted in exactly the same way as in the test file. Why could it be working with my test file, but not the old file?

Thank you!

[Edited at 2017-08-24 21:46 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-08-24 21:48 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segmentation issue involving reference numbers. My custom rule is not working

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »