Italy
Local time: 17:59
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 22, 2017

memoQ 2015 and memoQ 8.2

Goodmorning.

I receive a General error which prevents me from opening any file on memoQ, either the active one I was working on or older files.

I opened a ticket with memoQ support yesterday and they told me to copy/paste the error message and send a log file (memoQLite.log), which I did but I didn't receive any more contact from them and I am still stuck with the issue, with my work lagging a lot.

I also downloaded th
... See more
memoQ 2015 and memoQ 8.2

Goodmorning.

I receive a General error which prevents me from opening any file on memoQ, either the active one I was working on or older files.

I opened a ticket with memoQ support yesterday and they told me to copy/paste the error message and send a log file (memoQLite.log), which I did but I didn't receive any more contact from them and I am still stuck with the issue, with my work lagging a lot.

I also downloaded the latest version 8.2 to see if I could overcome the problem but I am in the same situation no matter what.

I copy/paste here the error message I get as I have sent it to memoQ support. I don't know why I am not getting any answer from them. Maybe you can help me understand how to fix this one and resume my work.

Here follows my error message:

TYPE:
System.Exception

Tab page index of tab to be closed is -1, or DocumentControl is null

SOURCE:
MemoQ.ApplicationFramework

CALL STACK:
at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.WindowManager.CloseTab(Document document, Boolean closeApp)
at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.WindowManager.OnCloseDocument(Document document, Boolean closeApp)
at MemoQ.Application.MemoQApp.closeProjectRelatedDocsAndProject()
at MemoQ.Application.MemoQApp.CloseOpenedProjectServerProjectDashboard()
at MemoQ.Application.MemoQApp.openProjectWithResult(String projectFileName)
at MemoQ.Project.DashboardControl.Open(ProjectItemViewModel project, List`1 selectDocumentIds)
at MemoQ.Project.ProjectList.ProjectListView.onItemMouseDoubleClick(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Controls.Control.HandleDoubleClick(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseDownThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

I also found this example in the Knowledge base. I tried with it but the problem still persists. Please see below:

Fix: In order to find the preferences-layout.xml, you must navigate to:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourprofilename\Application Data\MemoQ for Windows XP users,

or:

C:\Users\yourprofilename\AppData\Roaming\MemoQ for Vista and Windows 7 users.

Once you have found the files, delete them.

Thank you for any suggestion on you side.

Regards

Valeria

Best regards
Valeria Ricciardi
Collapse

Islam Mohamed
Islam Mohamed
Egypt
Local time: 18:59
Arabic to English
+ ...
I have the same problem. Did you find a solution to it? Oct 17, 2018

Excuse-me, but I encountered the same problem. Did you find a solution to it?
Shall you help me, please?

Sergey Naraevsky
Sergey Naraevsky
Ukraine
Local time: 18:59
Russian to English
+ ...
I've just had the same issue (and solved it, sort of) :) Mar 13, 2021

The same thing - "General Error" and unable to open a project when you on a tight deadline. No time to dive into the software guts, either.

The workaround, sort of - is to create a new project and during the "New project" Wizard - important! - link the new project to the same TM and TB you used in theprevious project, is the one you cannot open.

I was able to open the file and then used the old TMto fill in the translated segments. Worked for me, basically. Good luck, e
... See more
The same thing - "General Error" and unable to open a project when you on a tight deadline. No time to dive into the software guts, either.

The workaround, sort of - is to create a new project and during the "New project" Wizard - important! - link the new project to the same TM and TB you used in theprevious project, is the one you cannot open.

I was able to open the file and then used the old TMto fill in the translated segments. Worked for me, basically. Good luck, everyone )
Collapse

Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:59
English to Spanish
I have same problem as reported on the first post of this thread. Aug 8, 2022

Sergey Naraevsky wrote:

The workaround, sort of - is to create a new project and during the "New project" Wizard - important! - link the new project to the same TM and TB you used in the previous project, is the one you cannot open.

I was able to open the file and then used the old TMto fill in the translated segments. Worked for me, basically. Good luck, everyone )

I cannot even create a New Project as suggested above. I get "general error"

TYPE: System.Exception
MESSAGE: Tab page index of tab to be closed is -1, or DocumentControl is null
SOURCE: MemoQ.Controls

[Edited at 2022-08-08 06:31 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

General error. Failing to open active file or any file

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »