Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:55
Spanish to French
+ ...
Oct 2, 2020

I work with memoQ and two screens.

When memoQ starts, I move it to the bigger screen. However, any subsequent screen opened by memoQ appears on the -smaller- laptop screen.

I contacted Viktor from the memoQ assistance. He couldn't reproduce the problem, maybe because he's using a much newer version than mine which is memoQ 2014. Everything else works fine so I will obviously not buy a newer version just for this glitch.
However, if somebody had the same problem
... See more
I work with memoQ and two screens.

When memoQ starts, I move it to the bigger screen. However, any subsequent screen opened by memoQ appears on the -smaller- laptop screen.

I contacted Viktor from the memoQ assistance. He couldn't reproduce the problem, maybe because he's using a much newer version than mine which is memoQ 2014. Everything else works fine so I will obviously not buy a newer version just for this glitch.
However, if somebody had the same problem and came up with a solution, I'm all ears (or eyes).

Cheers!
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
While you wait... Oct 2, 2020

Christophe Delaunay wrote:

While you wait for a solution, there is a keyboard shortcut in Windows 10 for moving the window to the other screen:
https://www.howtogeek.com/661597/how-to-move-a-window-to-another-monitor-on-windows-10/

Peter van der Hoek

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Didn't know this one Oct 3, 2020

Thanks Samuel!

And it works on Windows 8.1 as well

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ with two screens

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »