MemoQ only imports the first row from an excel sheet
Thread poster: Alex Maslow
Alex Maslow
Alex Maslow
Local time: 20:09
English to Russian
Mar 23, 2021

Super weird issue. I have an excel file with multiple sheets. I'm trying to import strings from just one sheet using the multilingual delimited text filter. All I need is two columns, one for the source text and one for the translation. Thing is, it refuses to import the source text column, instead only importing the first row. What could possibly cause this? Also, when importing the file it gives me a lot of "merged with other cells, content ignored" messages. What is this?

[Edited at 20
... See more
Super weird issue. I have an excel file with multiple sheets. I'm trying to import strings from just one sheet using the multilingual delimited text filter. All I need is two columns, one for the source text and one for the translation. Thing is, it refuses to import the source text column, instead only importing the first row. What could possibly cause this? Also, when importing the file it gives me a lot of "merged with other cells, content ignored" messages. What is this?

[Edited at 2021-03-23 02:08 GMT]
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:09
English to Russian
Did you change configuration when you imported the file? Mar 23, 2021

After you set Multilingual delimited text filter, you also need to set filters by clicking the 'Change filter & configuration' button. In the 'Document import settings' window, go to the Columns tab. Set columns as source and target. Also notice the "Sheet #" field. Make sure you have selected the correct value (sheet number counting from left to r... See more
After you set Multilingual delimited text filter, you also need to set filters by clicking the 'Change filter & configuration' button. In the 'Document import settings' window, go to the Columns tab. Set columns as source and target. Also notice the "Sheet #" field. Make sure you have selected the correct value (sheet number counting from left to right).

[Edited at 2021-03-23 14:45 GMT]
Collapse

Alex Maslow
Alex Maslow
Local time: 20:09
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, absolutely Mar 23, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:

After you set Multilingual delimited text filter, you also need to set filters by clicking the 'Change filter & configuration' button. In the 'Document import settings' window, go to the Columns tab. Set columns as source and target. Also notice the "Sheet #" field. Make sure you have selected the correct value (sheet number counting from left to right).

[Edited at 2021-03-23 14:45 GMT]

I'm positive I've selected everything that needed to be selected, down to the exact sheet and columns. I'm guessing something is wrong with this specific excel file, because I've checked a few other files and they imported with no issue.

Stepan Konev
DOYOON KIM

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ only imports the first row from an excel sheet

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »