Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 18:20
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Mar 18, 2019

Hello

I cooperate with other translators in a MemSource project, and some of those translators are in a location with intermittent internet access. In my tests, it takes MemSource Editor about 5 minutes to realise that internet access has been restored after it has been restored, so if the internet connection is truly intermittent, MemSource Editor would rarely get any hits from the TM and TB.

Is it possible for MemSource Editor to connect to the TM and TB offline? (ev
... See more
Hello

I cooperate with other translators in a MemSource project, and some of those translators are in a location with intermittent internet access. In my tests, it takes MemSource Editor about 5 minutes to realise that internet access has been restored after it has been restored, so if the internet connection is truly intermittent, MemSource Editor would rarely get any hits from the TM and TB.

Is it possible for MemSource Editor to connect to the TM and TB offline? (even if it can only be synchronised once a day or so)

Particularly TB access is really important for us (and the TB isn't updated more than once every few days anyway).

Thanks
Samuel
Collapse

David Kis
David Kis
Hungary
Local time: 18:20
Desktop Editor offline usage Mar 25, 2019

Hi Samuel,

Basically, it is possible to work with intermittent internet access in the Desktop Editor but you will have limited functionality. To see matches from TB/TM not possible when you are offline.

Please read more here: https://help.memsource.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003462051-Translating-Offline

Hope this helps.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Offline TB and TM

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »