Cannot use simple copy/paste function in Memsource online editor
Thread poster: Jennifer Baker
Jennifer Baker
Jennifer Baker  Identity Verified
United States
Italian to English
Nov 13, 2019

I am using Memsource for a new client, and I cannot copy and paste text into/from the text editor. I am referring to simple copy/paste functions as used in Word. If I select and right click a word or words in the text editor, there is no "copy" option. The same is true if I try to paste in text from another source.
Is it possible that such a basic function doesn't exist in this tool? The Help guides are of no use up to now.

Any help here?

Thank you.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:23
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Jennifer Nov 13, 2019

Jennifer Baker wrote:
If I select and right click a word or words in the text editor, there is no "copy" option.

Yes, it's weird. There is no usual copy or paste options on the right-click menu in Memsource online editor (in fact, none of the available options appear to have anything to do with text editing):

memsource right-click menu

You're just going to have to use Ctrl+C (copy), Ctrl+X (cut) and Ctrl+V (paste). The shortcuts Shift+Delete (cut) and Shift+Insert (paste) also seem to work.

[Edited at 2019-11-13 14:43 GMT]

Jennifer Baker
Jennifer Baker  Identity Verified
United States
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 13, 2019

Samuel Murray wrote:

Does Ctrl+C and then Ctrl+V work for you? How about Ctrl+X and then Ctrl+V? Or, how about Shift+Delete and then Shift+Insert? Do these standard shortcuts work for you when you select text to copy/cut and/or when you want to paste text?

Thank you! That worked perfectly. Now I just have to change my old school habits and remember the shortcuts! I really appreciate it. Many thanks

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:23
Danish to English
+ ...
Works fine (offline editor) Nov 13, 2019

I always use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V, as these shortcuts are universal (Windows). They work fine in Memsource.

Here is what I see if I right-click:

Annotation 2019-11-13 154125

This is from the offline editor. I don't use the online version.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Cannot use simple copy/paste function in Memsource online editor

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »