Annette Scheler
Annette Scheler  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:54
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Feb 24, 2009

According to the MetaTexis Website Metatexis has a feature "substitution of numbers". May be I'm dense but I cannot find this option in the settings.

TIA for your help!
Annette

Dr. Johanna Schmitt
Dr. Johanna Schmitt  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Automatic substitution Feb 24, 2009

Dear Annette,

as far as I understand it, this is an "automatic substitution of numbers" in the TM, and if I get this right, this means that numbers are automatically taken into the translation field - at least MetaTexis does this (but it does not automatically change "." to "," only if there already is a translation like tis in the TM.)
Or is it something else you want to do?

Best regards und viele Grüße,
Johanna

Annette Scheler
Annette Scheler  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Johanna Feb 24, 2009

indeed, I interpreted "substitution" as automatic substitution of 2,000 m in 2.000 Mio. for example.

Dr. Johanna Schmitt
Dr. Johanna Schmitt  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Numbers and localization Feb 24, 2009

Well, yes, you might be right...but at least my MetaTexis does not do that - or maybe I also have not found the "button" for this

Lorenzo Cordini
Lorenzo Cordini
English
Are you sure? Mar 9, 2009

There is an option in Document options > Translation memories > Results that says "If possible, replace numbers automatically in fuzzy matches".
What it does is that if in a fuzzy match the only difference is a digit then MetaTexis will replace the number in the target segment automatically.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

substitution of numbers

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »