Thread poster: Christine Caillaud
Christine Caillaud
Christine Caillaud  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:20
German to Italian
+ ...
May 13, 2010

Office 2010 was just released by MS, and since those that bought Office 2007 recently are entitled to a free upgrade, I was wondering if anyone has already tried it with Metatexis or heard anything about whether Metatexis works with Office (Word) 2010? I would like to install Office 2010, but am afraid that it might mess things up for me and cause problems in the use of Metatexis.

If that is the case, or in doubt, I will have to wait...

Thanks for any input you might h
... See more
Office 2010 was just released by MS, and since those that bought Office 2007 recently are entitled to a free upgrade, I was wondering if anyone has already tried it with Metatexis or heard anything about whether Metatexis works with Office (Word) 2010? I would like to install Office 2010, but am afraid that it might mess things up for me and cause problems in the use of Metatexis.

Thanks for any input you might have!

CC
Collapse

dieter haake
dieter haake  Identity Verified
Austria
Italian to German
+ ...
You can write and ask to ... May 13, 2010

Hermann Bruns himself
[email protected]
scusa, ma va meglio oin italiano -
allora, chiedi direttamenta a Hermann Bruns.
Lui e' molto disponibile
e chi puo' sapere meglio di lui
come funziona il suo programma.

didi

[Modificato alle 2010-05-13 12:27 GMT]

fran84 (X)
fran84 (X)
Any news? Jun 8, 2010

Christine Caillaud wrote:

CC

Hi Christine,
I am having the same issue and I was wondering whether you got an answer about that.
Which Metatexis version shall I download if I have Office 2010 Beta?
Thanks

Francesca

Fang Yuan
Fang Yuan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:20
English to Chinese
+ ...
I have the answer maybe Apr 17, 2011

Hi
I have the official office 2010, and tried to get Meta Texis to work with it. However, when I tried to install Meta Texis, it throws me this message that Microsoft word is not found. I might because I have the 64 bit version of office 2010, and the compatible issues come about. I emailed the technical support team, and hope to find out the reason soon.

Wulf-Dieter Krüger
Wulf-Dieter Krüger  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:20
English to German
+ ...
MetaTexis and Office 2010 May 30, 2011

Christine Caillaud wrote:

CC

According to my experience there are no issues with the 3.... version of MetaTexis and Office 2010, they work just fine.

There might be an issue if you use W7-64bit and or use the SQLite database format there might be a hickup. You might have to use the Access formant again for your TM

So, for safety's sake export all your TMs into tmx so that in case they do not work you can set up a new one and then import the tmx.

Otherwise everything is just fine as usual
kind regards
wdk

Wulf-Dieter Krüger
Wulf-Dieter Krüger  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:20
English to German
+ ...
64 bit May 30, 2011

velayuan wrote:

Hi
I have the official office 2010, and tried to get Meta Texis to work with it. However, when I tried to install Meta Texis, it throws me this message that Microsoft word is not found. I might because I have the 64 bit version of office 2010, and the compatible issues come about. I emailed the technical support team, and hope to find out the reason soon.

Yes, same issue here - way out of this issue is to install the 32bit version of Office 2010

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
English to German
You need to instll the 32-bit edition of Word 2010 Nov 18, 2011

Dear MetaTexis users,

MetaTexis for Word, like almost all other Word add-ins, does not run in the 64-bit edition of Word 2010. You need to install the 32-bit edition of Word 2010, if you intend to run add-ins, for, almost all Word add-ins were developed in 32-bit mode.

Best regards
Hermann

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Metatexis and Office 2010

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »