Melanie Meyer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:29
Member (2010)
English to German
+ ...
Sep 18, 2010

Dear Colleagues,

I imported a Trados tag editor file into MetaTexis, translated it and successfully exported an unclean version back into Trados.

However, I seem to be having problems creating a final clean version. No matter what I try, it shows a version that still has all sorts of tags and original text in it.

The customer is asking for a clean file in TTX format to help the editor out.

Thank you very much for any help on this matter!

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 00:29
English to Thai
+ ...
The customer is asking for a clean file in TTX format to help the editor out Sep 19, 2010

"The customer is asking for a clean file in TTX format to help the editor out." This is misleading to me. TTX is a working format during translation. The clean file is the translated text without TTX tags e.g. *.doc in *.doc out, *.xls in *.xls out [using TagEditor target file save or WorkBench cleaning tool]. To get the original TTX file with translated texts, it is better to use TagEditor [Trados 2007] or SDLXLIFF Editor [Trados 2009]. I cannot imagine why you need to use MetaTexis, ano... See more
"The customer is asking for a clean file in TTX format to help the editor out." This is misleading to me. TTX is a working format during translation. The clean file is the translated text without TTX tags e.g. *.doc in *.doc out, *.xls in *.xls out [using TagEditor target file save or WorkBench cleaning tool]. To get the original TTX file with translated texts, it is better to use TagEditor [Trados 2007] or SDLXLIFF Editor [Trados 2009]. I cannot imagine why you need to use MetaTexis, another XML based CAT tool.

Soonthon Lupkitaro
Collapse

Melanie Meyer
United States
Member (2010)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@ Soonthon Sep 19, 2010

Thanks for your input.

I used MetaTexis because I do not have Trados. Therefore, I imported the custormer's initial tag editor file into MetaTexis which was no problem.

Also exporting it back into Trados (as an unclean version) worked fine.

However, when trying to make a clean version, my program only came up with a document still containing all sorts of tags and source text.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 00:29
English to Thai
+ ...
A clean file + TTX file to help the editor out Sep 20, 2010

Sorry again, Melanie. IMHO, the customer had better say "a clean file + TTX file to help the editor out." I stopped using MetaTexis, a ADO.NET based CAT, for 4 years and not sure it can do clean file out of TTX input or not. TagEditor can create a clean file+TTX file (total 2 files) you can deliver to the customer. In you assumption, you have no Trados TagEditor [but what Trados?] and may not create the clean file out of TagEditor. If you have Trados 2007, you should have TagEditor and Workbench... See more
Sorry again, Melanie. IMHO, the customer had better say "a clean file + TTX file to help the editor out." I stopped using MetaTexis, a ADO.NET based CAT, for 4 years and not sure it can do clean file out of TTX input or not. TagEditor can create a clean file+TTX file (total 2 files) you can deliver to the customer. In you assumption, you have no Trados TagEditor [but what Trados?] and may not create the clean file out of TagEditor. If you have Trados 2007, you should have TagEditor and Workbench. You clean the TTX file out of TTX output from your MetaTexis CAT.

I imagine another possibility which I guess you should not have in your PC. You have a TTXpress.dot inside your MS Word. You can open your TTX file from the customer in Word, translate and clean it into RTF format [the customer's editor can work out of it]. But your customer may not be happy since the RTF format clean file is not identical to, and many not be the clean (translated file) version of, the source file. It is just a special XML format file.

Soonthon Lupkitaro
Collapse

Melanie Meyer
United States
Member (2010)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
cannot make TTX file Sep 20, 2010

Thanks, Soonthon.

The problem is, I do not have any version of Trados. The only CAT-tool I own is MetaTexis.

In the meantime, I have found out that I cannot produce a "real" clean version of a former TagEditor document on MetaTexis. Just a bilingual file in TTX - and then the customer has to make the final version.

However, at this current point, my computer refuses to make a TTX version. Tech Support at MetaTexis was able to make one, but I just don't see
... See more
Thanks, Soonthon.

The problem is, I do not have any version of Trados. The only CAT-tool I own is MetaTexis.

In the meantime, I have found out that I cannot produce a "real" clean version of a former TagEditor document on MetaTexis. Just a bilingual file in TTX - and then the customer has to make the final version.

However, at this current point, my computer refuses to make a TTX version. Tech Support at MetaTexis was able to make one, but I just don't seem to get there.
Collapse

Melanie Meyer
United States
Member (2010)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
problem solved Sep 20, 2010

Hello again,

We were finally able to figure it out and produce a TTX file. Apparently, I had missed checking the box "Encode special XML/HTML tags". Therefore it wouldn't let me produce a TTX file.

Thanks again for your help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Making final version in TTX format / MetaTexis Net Office beta version 3

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »