Exporting Metatexis TM (.mxa) to Trados (.tmx?)
Thread poster: Krystian Aparta
Krystian Aparta
Krystian Aparta  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:23
Polish to English
+ ...
Oct 13, 2010

I have finally decided to switch to Trados after happily using Metatexis for over 2 years, because so many people requested Trados. I've purchased the SDL Trados Studio 2009, and I don't yet know a thing about it, but I would like to export my Metatexis translation database as something that can be imported into Trados. I've got two questions - can this be done, and can this be done in Metatexis Lite, because that's the version that I have been using.
If there is no way to do this in Meta
... See more
I have finally decided to switch to Trados after happily using Metatexis for over 2 years, because so many people requested Trados. I've purchased the SDL Trados Studio 2009, and I don't yet know a thing about it, but I would like to export my Metatexis translation database as something that can be imported into Trados. I've got two questions - can this be done, and can this be done in Metatexis Lite, because that's the version that I have been using.
If there is no way to do this in Metatexis Lite, can somebody think of a workaround? I wouldn't like to have to pay for Metatexis Pro just to be able to export a file and then never use the program again.
Collapse

Alexandre De Sena Viegas
Alexandre De Sena Viegas  Identity Verified
English to Portuguese
+ ...
MetaTexis Lite Feb 2, 2011

Hi

MetaTexis Lite is a free version, and as a free version it doesn't include some of the functions. In order to be able to export your TM you'll need at least the PRO version:

http://metatexis.de/features.htm

Best regards!

[Bearbeitet am 2011-02-02 15:52 GMT]

Alexandre Chetrite
Alexandre Chetrite
France
English to French
About 3 months to get an answer? Feb 9, 2011

The original post was dated October 13th 2010 and the only answer came February 2nd 2011! Thats incredible..

Krystian Aparta
Krystian Aparta  Identity Verified
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
All done Feb 9, 2011

I actually got a private message very quickly, saying that I should use the Yahoo MetaTexis group instead, because I wouldn't get a reply here any time soon

The solution for me was to install the trial of a new Pro version of MetaTexis and export the TM.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting Metatexis TM (.mxa) to Trados (.tmx?)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »