Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]
Removal of Negative Feedback Entry on BB due to Ambiguity of TimeFrame regarding Complaints
Thread poster: Yasutomo Kanazawa
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:38
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Well, it was worth a try Oct 18, 2017

Yasutomo Kanazawa wrote:
Samuel Murray wrote:
Well, I'm not sure what the BB rules say, but if I were you, I'd try to rate them again. Give them a "1", and don't say anything in the comments except "I had a very negative experience with this client".

Proz has removed my negative feedback for this outsourcer due to site rule https://www.proz.com/siterules/blue_board_bb_blueboard/2#2 (complaint shortly after delivery). It was vetted, approved, but now they've removed it again. ... I didn't enter any comments like you said but just gave them a "1", but this didn't work either.

Well, it was worth a try. The person who vetted your entry may not have been aware of this debacle, and so the entry was later removed by someone who was. I wonder if it would have saved your entry if you had done as I had suggested, i.e. added the comment "I had a very negative experience with this client" to show that your entry is not payment related. But it's too late for that now. Just move on. Your poor experience with the Blue Board was an exception, and exceptions do occur.

Sumit Sarkar
Sumit Sarkar  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 16:08
English to Bengali
+ ...
I also find that bad outsourcers are gaining befefit of doubt Oct 20, 2017

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

The only people who have anything to gain from this lack of clarity are bad outsourcers. Why are Proz helping them?

In my case when I rated '1' to a agency as they were not paying me in spite of repeated requests, the agency accused me of Google Translating in reply. But that was clearly wrong accusation and they could not have provided any proof. Moreover this comment was about the last job I did for the agency for which I even agreed to not taking any payment until I could convince the end client. Actually that end client had got the job reviewed by someone who had no idea what 'preferential change' is and why that is not a very acceptable practice. But to my surprise their accusation was given importance over me and my rating was hidden by Proz staff though according to them the oursourcer had only been requested for providing more evidence (which logically implies they did not provide enough evidence in support of their claim)!
I had almost immediately provided some links of working and whatsapp conversation with this outsourcer. Later on upon support staff's request I provided many more evidences of working with that oursourcer where there was no complain whatsoever was reported, though payment was not made. And that is the reason why I rated the agency '1' after it was clear form my conversation with them that they will not be paying me the dues at all. My only fault if at all this time was that due to pressure of my translation jobs, I provided the evidences 20 days later.
Now I am dealing with silence of support staff. My feedback rating about the oursourcer is still kept hidden.
I am wondering what should I do now?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Removal of Negative Feedback Entry on BB due to Ambiguity of TimeFrame regarding Complaints

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »