Off topic: Was playing with Samsung's camera text machine translation functionality... surprising results
Thread poster: Adieu
Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Mar 4, 2021

It's surprisingly good, with a few exceptions. For some reason, Chinese to English makes for near-gibberish, but Chinese to Russian is shockingly good.

How does that even happen???

But in any case... it feels like we're all screwed in the long run.

[Edited at 2021-03-04 10:29 GMT]

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
Local time: 11:16
French to Italian
+ ...
Google translate photo translation Mar 4, 2021

Hi Adieu,

Try the camera function in the Google Translate app. In Chinese-English it's very good, for my needs at least. I get reference screenshots in Chinese from a client and I would be lost without it.

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Never used it Mar 4, 2021

Elena Feriani wrote:

Hi Adieu,

Try the camera function in the Google Translate app. In Chinese-English it's very good, for my needs at least. I get reference screenshots in Chinese from a client and I would be lost without it.

Full AR or just extract text from stills?

Elena Feriani

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
Local time: 11:16
French to Italian
+ ...
Full AR Mar 4, 2021

Adieu wrote:

Elena Feriani wrote:

Hi Adieu,

Full AR or just extract text from stills?

I guess it's full AR. I hold my phone in front of the screen and i see the translation appearing in real time on my phone screen as i move the phone around.

You can both upload a still or use your camera.

Adieu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Was playing with Samsung's camera text machine translation functionality... surprising results

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »