Poll: If you had the choice, when booking a service, which would you prefer?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Apr 29, 2018

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "If you had the choice, when booking a service, which would you prefer?".

View the poll results »

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:44
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It depends on the service involved Apr 29, 2018

In general being a freelancer or a company is not my first criteria of choice (quality, price, proximity, convenience might be…).

Edith van der Have
Edith van der Have
Netherlands
Local time: 07:44
Member (2016)
English to Dutch
+ ...
It definitely depends on the type of service ... Apr 29, 2018

I'd rather not have my electricity delivered by a freelancer (what if the next storm would blow their solar panels away or they are too tired to ride their stationary bike), but I always use translation/proofreading services of my fellow freelancers)

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:44
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Company May 1, 2018

In my country, you always look for a company, pay a bit more, and you're still not 100% sure you'll get what you paid for.

Min Kyu Kim
Min Kyu Kim
United States
Local time: 02:44
A freelancer Aug 9, 2018

I would definitely opt for a freelancer. I believe, a freelancer can mold work as per your ideas if required & quality work can be done in lesser amount.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: If you had the choice, when booking a service, which would you prefer?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »