Translation as a full-time job
Thread poster: Jamal Pleadwell (X)
Jamal Pleadwell (X)
Jamal Pleadwell (X)
Canada
Local time: 10:36
Japanese to English
Apr 9, 2019

I recently read an article called "The Realities and benefits of Translation as a Full-Time Job -- An Introduction" and I'm reflecting on what I read since I'm interested in doing Japanese-English translations. I was wondering if anyone else would like to give it a read and share their thoughts. I will also share my thoughts, too. The article can b... See more
I recently read an article called "The Realities and benefits of Translation as a Full-Time Job -- An Introduction" and I'm reflecting on what I read since I'm interested in doing Japanese-English translations. I was wondering if anyone else would like to give it a read and share their thoughts. I will also share my thoughts, too. The article can be found here: https://shinpaideshou.wordpress.com/2012/05/23/the-realities-and-benefits-of-translation-as-a-full-time-job-an-introduction/Collapse

Marjolein Snippe
Marjolein Snippe  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:36
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
what thoughts are you looking for? Apr 9, 2019

Hi Jamal,
I have read the blog post and recognised a lot of what the author is saying (even though I do not speak a word of Japanese - many of the points are general for translation in any language combination). I am not sure what thoughts you are after...

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Claudia Leão

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation as a full-time job

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »